Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Future History - STO (Page 3)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Future History - STO
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
SUPER MIRANDA!!!

Not even gonna clip-art THAT piece of shit.

is the federation that fucked up that you build retreads of old designs? Not that it isn't logical, mind you, but 3 year-olds playing with thier feces could make better designs/refits...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
I tend to agree. Eaves is from a technically standpoint a superb draughtsman, but his imagination in the realms of fictional starship design is chronically one tracked.

Now now, he's at least as subject to the (idiotic) whims of the directors/producers as any other designer.
Eaves' designs for Insurrection were very good and what did they do? They made him turn the (very cool looking) Holoship into a brick, cram the Captain's Yacht into the torpedo launcher and then rendered the Son'A command ship flying backward.

I recall Probert being pissed that he had to add those "fins" to the ends of the Connie Refit's nacelles.

But the man also has some pretty bad designs (mostly from Nemesis) to go with his very cool ones (Dominion and their allies).

That "Super Miranda" is indeed a steaming turd: is the outer hull supposed to be lopsidede or are they going for some cartoonish look?

A real lack of originality there.

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so the ship designs thus far haven't been inspiring, but character creation is looking pretty good.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although someone on Trekmovie complained it was harking back to mashed potato on people's foreheads (or something along those lines), I think it looks really encouraging. And I'm sure they'll let you make more unusual and adventurous aliens once the movie comes out and they see the Star Warsy aliens that can now be included in the dressing up box.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the hell? A Founder and a Vorta in Starfleet?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kind of disappointing to see that the create your own alien mode is bound by the infamous skin/ears/forehead rules of ST alien of the week designs
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
What the hell? A Founder and a Vorta in Starfleet?

I saw the Vorta, but where do you see a Founder?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Between the Vulcan and the Trill.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you think about it the character creation tool is kind of like a Founder
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you choose a Founder, can you become other races/species/genders?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Technically you should be able to become anything you want, from smoke to fish to lamp posts, which means it's probably not a good idea to include founders as playable characters.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

yeah....I'd keep turning into fire (no idea how the fuck that works).
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New shots released, one of the Miranda. I have to say I like the color scheme. The mixing of black, grey and white surfaces freshens up the design.
Also, this Miranda has a conventional rollbar, it seems to be customizable. The pod in the earlier screenshot looks like it's from the Akira-class.

-

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a completely unoriginal design.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They've also shown a ship that looks like a modified Cardassian freighter(the Groumall).
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps