Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Future History - STO (Page 5)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Future History - STO
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must have this game.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus fuck....that's lowest common denominator marketing at it's finest.
Expect that as an ad in Maxim- right along ads for Axe bodyspray and other crap marketed to teenage boys.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How illogical.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pictures of Vulcan chicks with breasts as large as their heads wearing an unzipped wet-suit is not about logic.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I agree. I was commenting about the picture, not about your comment. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I picked up the issue of PC Gamer today.

The article itself chronicles the two writers playing through an "episode", the Star Trek Online equivalent of a quest or mission. It's a time-travel episode involving the Guardian of Forever, Miral Paris, and some old Klingon guy out to alter history. Sounds pretty good.

The pictures, though... Wow.

Thus far, my opinion on the STO ships has ranged from thinking them fugly to thinking them unimaginative. Not anymore. There's a picture at the top of Page 45 showing six possible ways to customize a Constellation by swapping out saucers, pylons, and nacelles. I gotta say it: each one of the variants is gorgeous.

Page 49 has some artwork of four sample crewmembers. The second character, a doctor, is wearing a uniform variant that looks very much like it might be a precursor to 29th Century uniforms.

The bottom of Pages 50 and 51 has models of various species from the game. Of particular note is a Bajoran wearing a mirror universe uniform, and a Gorn that looks way better than the one from Enterprise.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you scan some pics of the Constellations for us?
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here ya go.

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/22/STOConstellations.jpg

CC edit: EVERY TIME YOU BREAK A TABLE, I KILL A REDSHIRT. PLEASE, WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE REDSHIRTS!?

[ August 20, 2009, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Charles Capps ]

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooo, Cheyenne-class!
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

Wow, that magazine needs a copyeditor bad. Not only did they misspell "nacelles", but they also should've said Cheyenne. [Wink]

Still, those pics are awesome. I just might end up checking out this game.

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd go with the middle-left saucer and the bottom-left nacelles.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

What's up with the diffrent color striping and panels on those- one has red stuff, another green?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
User customization, surely. The top-left and bottom-left saucers are the same design, but with different markings. It's a good idea, I'd jump at the chance to design an Excelsior with all the cutesy turquoise stripes turned black or removed altogether.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one question is, while those mods actually quate to performance?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

It looks pretty damn cool....
But so did ST: Legacy and I hear that sucks pretty damn badly.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps