Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Future History - STO (Page 8)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Future History - STO
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's more screencaps. Sorry about the square thumbnails.

They rebuilt Spacedock at some point. It's freaking huge.
 -

They stuck a handful of ship models out here, presumably for players to gawk at.
 -
 -

Nicely lined up.
 -

It's a Prometheus.
 -

The ugly-ass S'omething class, and yeah, that's a Defiant variant. There's also the nose of an Akira variant, but apparently I didn't screencap it.
 -

A Cheyenne, in all her kitbashed glory.
 -

Another view of the Cheyenne.
 -

I'm not entirely sure what this one is. Could be either a Cheyenne variant or a Prometheus variant.
 -

I have no clue what this is, but based on the dimensions and shape, I fear it's a Galaxy variant. Holy crap that's ugly.
 -

Two Olympic variants.
 -

Front shot of one variant.
 -

Front shot of the other. I was revolted at first, but it's really not that bad in comparison to the Galaxy variant horror show.
 -

An Intrepid variant.
 -

And from the bottom. Yes, those impulse engines are hugegantic.
 -

A vanilla Intrepid.
 -

The only vanilla Galaxy in the little parked fleet. Pardon the guy in the... well, I think it's a Steamrunner variant, he's also gawking.
 -

It's a Sovvy!
 -

A Sovvy variant. Underside. Apparently I didn't get a copy of the top.
 -

I think it's another Sovvy variant.
 -

I think.
 -

Maybe?
 -

A player in a Connie refit.
 -

Still the classiest ship in the fleet. [Razz]
 -

Also, the maximum image per post limit is now 50. Why did I have it set to 8? WTF.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Almost makes me wish I was into computer games, at all. Bit too late though, now.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it seems I won't be gaining access to the beta, but thanks anyway for the pics. I'm still have mixed feelings about the games, I'm a little off put by the apparent poor quality of starship combat.
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot I had a Photobucket account. Oops. Anyway, here's my ship at the moment, the Adrasteia.

Adrasteia Side View

Adrasteia Top View

Adrasteia Front View

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Space combat is only bad when you're overwhelmed in PvE. It's an entirely different animal, so I'm told, in PvP.

Also, this would make a very poor first MMO.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If this thing had a free trial I might go for it, just to see if I could bash up one of our old ASDB designs.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never thought I'd say thais but those are actually worse than the crap from starshipschematics.com.

Chuck you've sold me on never buying this game- there's not a ship design in there that even warrants a "save as" motion from me.

Even their Galaxy class is very poorly realized- far worse than the Bridge Commander or even Armada models- and it's nicely named "starfleet cruiser", which made me laugh in spite of the horror of those other images.

Particularly hilariously bad is that 5 o'clock traffic jan into the spacedock (which itself looks a bit like the Borg queen's ship).

Overall I give it an F-

But maybe the in-game play is somehow so fantastic that it overcomes the design work. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming soon, to an obscure Taco chain near you...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something awful skewers the game a tad.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Yeah, which retailer is actually selling the full version of the game? [Wink]
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.