Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Official Kelvin orthos (Here be spoilers) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Official Kelvin orthos (Here be spoilers)
Joshua Bell
Member # 327

- posted      Profile for Joshua Bell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Hmmmm - this doesn't look like the ship in the trailers to me. The bottom 'nacelle' seemed to be as 'thick' as the top part. You can see at one point a large round blue 'exhaust' at the back of it.

*shrug*

Sure these are 'official'?

I think the blue lighting at the end of the exhaust is an information overlay - if you look at the other images there are several other blue dots both on and off the ship.

At least, I hope.

--------------------
http://www.calormen.com/Star_Trek/FAQs/

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The blue glow at the end of the nacelle is shown in the trailer too. I believe it also shows the Enterprise having blue "exhausts" as well. There does seem to be a reflection of the exhaust in one of the views though, so that it seems to be coming from the shuttle bay, and the impulse engines.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have they mentioned what class (and class of vessel) the Kelvin is?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully, we'll get an official one, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If not...hey, we can always come up with our own.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The USS Celsius class, NCC 0500!

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The USS S.I. Unit?

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bX: My bad. Sorry if I spoiled anything for you.

quote:
The elongated nacelle s cool for one-nacelled ships- A modeler friend offers a kit of a Ambassador variant decked out that way.
Jason, could you give me a link to this, or show a pic? I'd like to possibly use the design as my Antares class for my conjectural ship class essay.
Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anybody rip the model off of the flash file?

--------------------
Blaze da finest weed in da shire... I shake my trekbbs at flare.solareclipse.net

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The model isn't contained in the file, it's just a video. There might be some way to extract the video to play and pause at your will, but I don't think you could even do that from the swf. file on the site. The closest I think you could get if you wanted a copy on your computer would be to download the file and keep it as it is. Might be as simple as saving the whole page to your hard drive, I'm not sure.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps