Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » A Good Old Fashioned Star Trek XI Starship discussion! ($$$SPOILERS$$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: A Good Old Fashioned Star Trek XI Starship discussion! ($$$SPOILERS$$$)
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or REALLY piss everyone off and put the original 1701 in there. [Razz]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I can see that happening.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh! They could have the timepod thinger that was found drifting and damaged in the battle debris- that would be a cool nod.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have a Hi-Res pick of the Nu-E. Shows more deflector dish detail.

http://trekmovie.com/2008/12/30/super-high-resolution-images-for-star-trek-2009/

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice, though the Enterprise pic seems to be a lot darker than previous versions of the same image.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fellow modelers are not amused.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... for some reason that hi res pic changed my mind about the nacelles. I didn't mind them, but now, for some reason, they look... uncircumsized.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who knew that the Enterprise was Jewish?

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vanguard:
Who knew that the Enterprise was Jewish?

Speaking off... is any of the new cast jewish? (Maybe Happy Gilmore will update his happy hanika song?)

[Big Grin] *giggles insanely* ...uncircumsized hubcaps...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Who knew that the Enterprise was Jewish?"

Obviously you're not...

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Who knew that the Enterprise was Jewish?"

Obviously you're not...

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I actually don't mind the shape of the nacelles. They look like the precursor of the TMP refit engines. If anything, they look a bit "front heavy".

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Jim NCC1701A
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for Jim NCC1701A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Probably because there's not a lot of material available. For instance, I just went through the trailer again, and all I could find were these two frames of the wreckage over Vulcan. And since, generally, the canon ship classes preceding and contemporary to the Connie are a bit of a grey area, I don't think you're going to see anything you recognise. . .

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/393/vulscrap.png

Is that a Connie with it's saucer blown up and nacelles missing? Just above Sulu's head...

Looks like a Kelvin-type nacelle in the right hand side of the viewscreen in the first frame-grab.

mkimball
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paramount and JJ abrams are taken a nod to Watchmen and alternate universe like in the comics... The story plot which has Nero changing the time line which creates an alternate universe with more advanced technology than the original Timeline. I think this is an interesting way to update the look of trek with it ships and sets but not change the characters... I like the new look but I think they could have pick a better still of the new enterprise... the wide angle view distorts the design. I really feel that this will relaunch the franchise. I think the story will not flow in a linear story like the all the trek films but fit with JJ Abrams style like mission 3 or lost where they like to jump around in a non-linear way. What better story to fit that than a time travel film... I do like the Kelvin design and I don't have a problem with Enterprise built on the ground. It would be much easier to build than in space and with advance tractor beams or ships they can tug it into space... I know that by building it on earth you can get a better feel how big The Enterpirse is with relations to the land and human walking around her.
IP: Logged
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad that you gave your two cents on everything that could possibly be discussed in relation to the movie. It still won't make me check out Star Ranger 7 though, tough luck.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now now. He's trying1. Let's play nice2.

1. For now.
2. For now.

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  21  22  23   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps