Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Doug Drexler blog (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Doug Drexler blog
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We haven't talked more about this site. I bring attention to some pics Drexler has of the DS9 kitbashes.

http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2009/02/07/uss-hutzel-deep-space-deep-background/

Seems like the the third nacelle was meant to go on top.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that's only because it was easier to take photos of it while being balanced on two nacelles instead of just one :-)

Really, there's no name or reg, so it could be either orientation. When Drexler originally sent me the side view, it was two nacelles up, one nacelle down. That works for me.

I'm just patiently waiting for the Enterprise-J orthos he'll be posting after March 15.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah he describes the E-J as being huge. Too big for turbolifts, instead relying on sight to sight transporters.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heeey look- that third pic is the Elkins with the nacelles removed.
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, regarding the Hutzel, isn´t that a bridgedome? If so, the third is absolutely on top.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a bridge dome on the other side too, so that's hardly conclusive. Not that it matters, these are only distant background fillers, not actual designed ships.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Starfleet arrowheads on the pylons are upside down with one nacelle down, but rightside up with two. Also, the motion control mount, which is usually on the bottom where it won't be seen, is on the two-nacelled side. These two points indicate to me that it was intended to be arranged with two on the bottom and one on the top, as Drexler drew it in the DS9TM and as shown in these new pictures.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like John Eaves has joined the bandwagon and started his own blog too:
http://johneaves.wordpress.com/

BTW, if you didn't know how to get the large pics from both Eaves' and Drexler's blogs, just remove the width and height tags from the end of the URL. For example, this post has this picture:
http://johneaves.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/argo-car1.jpg?w=665&h=420
Remove the stuff after the ".jpg", and you get the big pic:
http://johneaves.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/argo-car1.jpg

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... someone watched SW: Episode 2 before doing those Vulcan architecture drawings.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Drexler in this comment, he'd never seen any of the prequels. John Eaves' comment on the same question doesn't specifically say that, but it's implied that he hadn't seen it either.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was talking about Eaves drawings. They look strikingly like Padme's apartment building.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Eaves posted some concept designs for the NX-01. One of them looks like a precursor to the STIX Enterprise.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only, of course, better.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh! The underside of the Enterprise-J! FINALLY!!

And it's pretty much a mirror of the top. Ah well, we also get an aft view, so I'm sure the fandom can figure out the five-view from there. You really get a sense of the ship's size though. It would easily dwarf a Galaxy-class starship. Funky nacelle struts too.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like it's in the same size class as one of the REALLY big starbases or the Voth cityship. Perhaps a multi generational trans-galactic explorer?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps