Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Doug Drexler blog (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Doug Drexler blog
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somehow I think hyperdrive is a lot faster than warp drive. I mean, they have cargo ships regularly crossing the galaxy for Ori's sake.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
You'd probably end up with something like The Office, in space.

Don't diss the Office - either country's version.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
Well if they put in a ZPM they could travel to other galaxies in 3 weeks.

It's 3 weeks without the ZPM- four days ith one (according to the season one finale of SGA).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
quote:

Er, I wasn't.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Er, I wasn't.
I will, US adaptations of UK shows, from my experience, rate slightly lower than, say, shitty.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Er, I wasn't.
I will.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The American Office is hilarious. More than that, though, it really does a wonderful job developing the relationships between the characters and not becoming a caricature of itself.

I don't watch the British version, so I'm not able to judge it, and I'm not trying to say the American one is better. But it definitely is a good show and does not deserve to be dissed.

Not directed toward you, Lee, as I know you weren't doing that...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Er, I wasn't.
Cool. That's OK then. [Smile]

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I will, US adaptations of UK shows, from my experience, rate slightly lower than, say, shitty."

The American version did a terrible job of imitating the British version. This is obvious from the first couple episodes, which recycled a couple scripts from the original. However, after those first couple episodes, the American version did a brilliant job of developing its own characters, loosely comparable to the original's.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't really had a chance to see much of The Office US. The Beeb showed the first season with all its less-than-par knock-offs as Tim mentioned, then lost interest. I've seen one or two episodes really late at night on ITV. It looks OK. The original UK version, I was pretty meh about.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Our wayward son, Timo is in the Elkis thread!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only started watching The Office from Season 2, so I didn't realize it had gotten off to a rocky start. But yeah, it's been a great show since then, apart from a little dull stretch during part of the fourth season.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
Regarding the E-J, Drexler estimates that the ship is around two miles in length, the crew uses site-to-site transporters to get to the distant parts of the ship, and the saucer itself is around 30 decks thick.

A thought occurs; a ship that size could have a sizeable cetacean habitat. In fact, weren't there supposed to be Xindi on the crew of this thing?
Hell, it's big enough to have several alternate environments for Medusans, Tholians etc.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
I only started watching The Office from Season 2, so I didn't realize it had gotten off to a rocky start. But yeah, it's been a great show since then, apart from a little dull stretch during part of the fourth season.

I can't WAIT for the next episode - after the brilliant last episode with... Michael... not spoiling!

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
Regarding the E-J, Drexler estimates that the ship is around two miles in length, the crew uses site-to-site transporters to get to the distant parts of the ship, and the saucer itself is around 30 decks thick.

A thought occurs; a ship that size could have a sizeable cetacean habitat. In fact, weren't there supposed to be Xindi on the crew of this thing?
Hell, it's big enough to have several alternate environments for Medusans, Tholians etc.

Hell yeah! It would be a miniature Federation all unto itself- truly representing the diversity of the UFP to all the species they encounter.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps