Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Remember "Operation Retrieve"? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Remember "Operation Retrieve"?
Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably the same guy who named "Operation Annihilate"
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So does this guy have all the pages or just this one? And if the former, is there any more starship info on other pages?
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He has all, there is one more page with starships, it will be in my hands next week. Of the pages I´ve recieved, this was the only one with info.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was also supposedly a ship list from TUC with this info:

USS Challenger NCC-2032

USS Constellation NX-1974

USS Emden NCC-1856

USS Helin NCC-1692

USS John Muir NCC-1732

USS Korolev NCC-2014

USS Scovil NCC-1598

USS Springfield NCC-1963

USS Whorfin NCC-1024

I wonder if that also will be in this artwork.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In addition to the ships on the page we've already seen, which includes the Emden, the Challenger, Scovil, and Springfield were candidates for Operation Retrieve according to Bjo Trimble's Concordance. I rather had the impression that the others were from a mission assignment list from a bridge display or something to that effect.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything with a 2XXX number should be a later design than the Connie Refit, IMHO.
Maybe the fiirst Constelation class ships?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

I think we should know by now that you can't make any meaningful determination of what class a ship should be based on its registry.
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, here is the shiplist seen on the chart. This will confirm things already known, and perhaps give us something new.

Thanks again to Captain Archer!

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
I think we should know by now that you can't make any meaningful determination of what class a ship should be based on its registry.

You sir, are a communist.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I note the Constellation is given an NX registry, making it the class ship for the Stargazer and others. Don't know if that's new or not...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

That's cool, Starship Freak! Thanks for the legwork. A few observations:

1. This page was never seen in the film, so I guess those who are really persnickety won't count it as hard canon. But...

2. It seems there is still a starship mission assignment list that has yet to be indentified onscreen or in behind the scenes photos, but featuring the same ships. In Bjo Trimble's revised Concordance, for which Okuda provided her information, she specifies the activities of each vessel and cites that the display was seen on the Enterprise bridge in the film. More interestingly still...

3. In addition to the missions of all the ships, Trimble specifies that the Ahwahnee, Challenger, Eagle, Endeavour, Potemkin, Scovil, and Springfield as being proposed for Operation Retrieve. Perhaps she (or Okuda) confused the Scovil and Springfield with the Emden and Excelsior, or...

4. I know you said there was no starship info on the other pages, but take a look at the screencap five rows down in the third column here. There are three more starship silhouettes and each looks like it has an accompanying name and registry. What about these?

Thanks again to SF and this Captain Archer fellow!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Nilo Rodis, creator of the KBOP and captain of the USS Kongo.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Starship Freak
Member # 293

You´re referring to this which doesn´t tell us much. I just recieved this btw. Note that one of our gurus is a shining star in the universe as well..

Again, thanks to Captain Archer!

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Neato.
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All three are of the same size. So either Emden and Korolev are also Constitutions (which would contradict the first page, where Emden is just a Baby-Constitution) or Potemkin is not a Constitution (which I think is out of the question) *or* that third page's silhouettes are just generic "this-is-a-starship"-icons without any further meaning.

Or the fourth possibility which I don't even dare to post.

Okay, I'll do it anyway. [Big Grin] Maybe we just disregard the third page with the big Emden, as that one was not on-screen and simply override that info with the info from the first page, which clearly was on-screen. And therefore, ... you know... kinda ... a little bit more canon. Right?

Please don't kill me. [Big Grin]

(By the way, I once asked Okuda about that chart, but he said he didn't have it anymore and he didn't know who has it. Funny that things don't get lost around here...) [Wink]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.