Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » B/W photos of BoBW up for auction (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: B/W photos of BoBW up for auction
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ed Miarecki´s selling stuff, including pics of ship models. From what is visible, it´s only ships we´ve seen, but who knows... Ebay auction

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I placed a bid on it (I'm the first bidder). If I win, I'll scan all the pics and photos and post them here.

It looks like there's pics of the undersides of the Ahwahnee and the Chekov, and a top view of the Buran. I'd love to see the details on those.

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good! I was hoping someone might!

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I think 25 bucks is kinda steep for a few pieces of paper, but I'm interested enough that I bid on it. However, if some other jerk comes along and bids say, a hundred dollars, then I'm not even going to bother outbidding him.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck- those are not even photos- just really shitty BW photocopies.

Still, they are new shots of the Cheyenne and Springfield so....

If one of you guys buys it, I'll toss ya a a five for your costs- if you upload the pics, of course.

$25 is not terrible I guess but I wont be suprised if he does ablog eventually and shows off better stuff for free.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

I did not win. Someone even more of an ubernerd than me bid $51.00, and there was no way in hell I was going to pay that much for a few pieces of paper. Sorry. (And the second bid after mine was $45.00, up from the $24.99 I bid. That's why I hate eBay so much.)

Anyway, Yes, I would have liked to see the undersides of the Ahwahnee and Chekov, and the top view of the Buran if only to see its registry number (if you even could with those photocopies), but I think Jason's right...I'm sure sooner or later they'll be posted online if the person who bought them thinks anything like me.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Items located in Valley Forge - wasn't that an Excelsior on Ds9?
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

Uh, yeah...and that has to do with the eBay listing, how?
Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing really, I just never understood the entomology of the name until now.

--------------------
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you never bothered to look it up when you were curious?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently, he never looked up "entomology", either.
The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! When I told someone last night I got my MSc in entomology she asked me if I'd liked English for a long time, or if was more recent.

To be honest its a nice change from "Wuh? Entowhat?".

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Starship Freak
Member # 293

Ok, back a little bit on the issue, although I´m captivated and fascinated by this thourough indepth discussion on philology...

Will everyone keep their eyes and ears open for these pics online?

--------------------

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
I'm sure sooner or later they'll be posted online if the person who bought them thinks anything like me.

I'm not so sure since the information was there for all the years and it didn't show up so far!
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

Yes, but that was before the internet.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps