Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » ST mag starship (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: ST mag starship
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? did the writer of Resistance even talk with the writer of the Destiny series?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Resistance book came out just prior to the first Destiny book -which I'm skipping.
Really, everything past the DS9 book Unity sucks impossibly hard.

I highly reccomend all the DS9 books though- it's very much like an 8th season.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will give you that Warpath and Fearful Symmetry are rather hinky, but the Worlds of DS9 books are rather good, I thought. And I rather enjoyed the Terok Nor series. Its a prequel, I know, but ties in with the Warpath/Fearful Symmetry plot.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah but...they just stopped making DS9 books after that!
Really- it's been a couple of years now...WTF?!?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there was "The Soul Key" and "The Never Ending Sacrifice" (which I still haven't read), which was released about a year ago. Hmm. Makes me wonder what's going on with the series...

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Yeah, right? I mean, they play up Sisko's knowing someting awful must be faced down regarding the Orbs and all that and they do a cool Mirroe Universe gag to make the evil Kira even more evil and crazy, give her Tranatar as a bodyguard (I like him despite the dumb name) and then...
Nothing.

I really REALLY loved all the stuff leading up to Unity- I might tear through those books again this week- the suprises and deaths are pretty shocking and I think it nicely wraps up that loose thread from TNG.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

From what little information I've been able to gather lately the Typhon Pact novels seem to be picking up where the DS9 relaunch left off. Whether the relaunch as a series is dead, I can't tell. [Confused]

--------------------

Teh PW
Member # 1203

perhaps looking at individual websites of past/recent book contributers might show insight on the health of the medium... Trekmovie hasnt show many new novels of late...

Fab, i tried reading Soul Key but just couldn't (totally uninteresting).... The other book? i couldnt put that bitch down, really liked the post Cardy POV...

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In other news, Mr.Spock teams with Baroness, Optimus Prime, and Dr. Peter Venkman to fight zombies.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ack.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yet, this appeals to me for some reason.
Teh PW
Member # 1203

i can't wake for the pr0n version of this to cum out...

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like the concept art for the robots... but come on... Transformers meets Ghostbusters...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

...meets Star Trek. I want to see how they'll make it work.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

About as well as they made TNG and X-Men work. That is, not at all.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps