Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » TNG in HD (Page 22)

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  27  28  29   
Author Topic: TNG in HD
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So now there's 18 ships instead of 17? Did the Excelsior have a registry number like the other ships did?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I count 17 ships on that chart, I thought the old one had only 16 names on it. But, yes, the registry of the Excalicur is there, too: Ncc-26517.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused. You first said the ship was the Excelsior, and now you're saying it was the Excalibur (which was Riker's command). And to clarify, there were a total of 17 ships in the grid (16 plus the Enterprise). There were two detection grid diagrams shown, one with all the ships, and another when the grid was disrupted, which did not show the Excalibur. Maybe you're confusing the names?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the confusion. I meant the Excalibur, not the Excelsior. I wanted to point out that the Excalibur was not on either of the diagrams before but was added for the blu ray release.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

Yes it was.

--------------------

o2
Member # 907

In those two diagrams was the Excalibur not listed:

http://tng.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/s5/5x01/redemptiontwo195.jpg

http://tng.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/s5/5x01/redemptiontwo197.jpg

I see know that there is a third appearence of that diagram in the first half of the episode (actually it is the first appearance). I never noticed before that the Excalibur was listed here.

By the way, for the blu rays they re-arranged some of the ships in that particular diagram. It seems to me that the Sutherland and the Charleston have switched positions in order to match their places in the diagrams that are being shown later in the show.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
Season 6 is the bad season. We don't talk about season 6.

Or is that SG-1.

Possibly SG-1. TNG Season 6 had some fantastic episodes - such as "The Chase"... "Relics", "Schisms", "Chain of Command", "Face of the Enemy", "Tapestry", "Starship Mine", "Lessons", and "Timescape"! [Big Grin]
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, the joke was apparently lost on many. SG-1's season 6 was when Daniel Jackson was gone and Jonas Quinn filled in.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, I got ya. [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

o2
Member # 907

By looking at this ship list from 'Brothers' on this page

http://tng.trekcore.com/hd/albums/season-4/4x03/brothers-hd-067.jpg

I find that

the USS Ajax is Excelsior Class and that
the USS Zhukov is Rigel Class.

But instead many pages are refering to the Apollo Class and the Ambassador Class.

Compare: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/observations/brothers.htm

Why is it so?

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

Apparently you didn't see my entire post on the subject.

http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php/topic/6/2798.html#000002

quote:
Why is it so?
Well, because things change.

--------------------

o2
Member # 907

Quick reply, that I have to admit...

The Zhukov was later seen as Ambassador class, but is there any reference on screen for the Ajax to be Apollo class?

By the way, Bernd is referring to this particular screenshot in 'Brothers' and not to any secondary sources.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

quote:
Originally posted by o2:
The Zhukov was later seen as Ambassador class, but is there any reference on screen for the Ajax to be Apollo class?

The Ajax was shown in the tachyon detection grid. However, no class info was shown and it had the registry listed in the Encyclopedia. The Ajax on the status display has a different registry. But obviously they're supposed to be the same ship.

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starship_mission_status

There's one version of the starship list with the Ajax as Apollo-class.

So far I was able to identify 4 different versions of the list:
http://www24.speedyshare.com/8UPsJ/download/Unbenannt.PNG

o2
Member # 907

From my point of view only the one from the episode 'Brothers' should be considered, though it would be interesting to know why the list was changed in some cases (ok, the case of the Zhukov is quite clear to me, but why have they changed the class of the Ajax? This ship was not shown in any episode, so no harm was done).
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps