Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » TNG in HD (Page 24)

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: TNG in HD
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While the studio model for the Yosemite (clearly showing the registry number on the secondary hull) was shown in Cinefantastique magazine, this screencap shows that the registry on the saucer was likewise changed too.

The interesting thing is that this episode takes place before DS9's "Emissary," and the Oberth carrying Dax and Bashir to the station was listed as the Cochrane. But the model would still have been labeled as the Yosemite, with her 19002 registry...

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess we will find out once DS9 will be released on Blu Ray (fingers crossed!).

By the way, I wouldn't had a problem if it was the Yosemite instead of the Cochrane.

On another topic, there is also a picuture of a Runabout on Trek Core. I think they used the Rio Grande for that shot. I don't think name or reg will be visible due to motion blur, but it would be nice to have a new name/reg here instead.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In "Aquiel" We can see in Keith Rocha's service record that he was assigned to the U.S.S. Mare Tranquillitatis:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140702235215/memoryalpha/en/images/c/c1/Keith_Rocha.jpg

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out time index 29:40. There are a few ships mentioned: Uss Hood, Uss Charleston, Uss Marrimac and two others that I cannot read.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

^I don't have the Bluray; I just got the Mare Tranquillitatis info from Memory Alpha.

--------------------

o2
Member # 907

I'm not allowed to post picutes here...

But if you like you can check with the DVD: It is the scene where LaForge is in the command center of the relay station. There is a big display on the wall, saying 'Releay Message Flow 1293'. There are at least five ship names in the list, all starting with USS and a few star bases (e.g. SB 72).

Unfortunately the name of USS Mare Tranquillitatis is only faintly readable, as is the name of the captin.

[ July 06, 2014, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: o2 ]

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

quote:
Originally posted by o2:
I'm not allowed to post pictures here...

Huh? Why not? If you have screencaps, you can send them to me and I'll post them.

quote:
Unfortunately the name of USS Mare Tranquillitatis is only faintly readable, as is the name of the captain.
Douglas Drexler is the captain.

Also, in "Darmok" we find out that the Shiku Maru has an S.S. prefix, not U.S.S., and that its registry is NDT-3XXX4 (38864 is my guess), so it's not a Starfleet ship:

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/observations/darmok/01-darmok-r.jpg

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by o2:

Every member can post pictures, there is no restrictions on that. This is very old software so we don't have the option to upload a picture and attach it during the posting process; all pictures must be hosted off-site and linked using img tags.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

o2
Member # 907

quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:
quote:
Originally posted by o2:

Every member can post pictures, there is no restrictions on that. This is very old software so we don't have the option to upload a picture and attach it during the posting process; all pictures must be hosted off-site and linked using img tags.
Yes, it is possible to link external pictures. Somehow I was under the impression that I can upload pictures to Flare once I have a certain number of posts...
o2
Member # 907

quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
If you have screencaps, you can send them to me and I'll post them.

Please send me a PN with you email address.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's probably referring to the 250 post requirement to make use of Flare Upload.

The Shiku Maru was always generally thought to be a non-Starfleet vessel. It was listed that way (though not specifically with an "S.S." prefix) in the official reference works, and in real life the Japanese suffix Maru is only applied to civilian vessels.*

*(Add yet another reason to the list for why J.J. Abrams' Trek is @#%&*! stupid.)

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:

The Shiku Maru was always generally thought to be a non-Starfleet vessel. It was listed that way (though not specifically with an "S.S." prefix) in the official reference works, and in real life the Japanese suffix Maru is only applied to civilian vessels.

The "U.S.S." prefix for the ship was listed at Memory Alpha, but they've since deleted the page (probably updating it with the new info).

--------------------

o2
Member # 907

quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
He's probably referring to the 250 post requirement to make use of Flare Upload.

Correct.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hunh, I didn't think Flare Upload still worked. Anyway, you can now use it, o2.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

o2 asked me to post these:

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/341/Aquiel1.jpg

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/341/Aquiel2.jpg

So there's four starbases and eight ships listed. Here's what I can make out.

STARBASE 54
STARBASE 76
STARBASE 12
STARBASE Beta or Zeta

USS K'XXXXX
USS CHARLESTON
USS XXXXXE
USS HOOD?
USS MERRIMAC
USS XXXXX
USS CAROLINE?
USS ZHUKOV?

There's also a Starbase 4112.

--------------------

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps