Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » TNG in HD (Page 5)

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: TNG in HD
o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they decide to tranfer B5 to HD they can only re-use the live action shots. In my opiniom they have to redo all the effect shots, everything else would be out-of-date. I was not even satisfied with the CGI's back in the 90s when I first watched one or two episodes. To bad that they lost the control files...
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Even some of the original live action footage is gone. As I recall WB were a bit sloppy with storing the film masters and...well, basically rats ate some of it.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is sad and funny at the same time!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That does indeed suck- but no amount of CGI updates would fix the terible acting and awful dialogue...or the shit way season three ended.
o2
Member # 907

There is a new trailer available with new footage - impressive!
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is nice and does reveal some details on studio models used, but I'm not terribly excited. A syndication broadcast of this would be nice though...
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a little amazed how much detail was apparantly lost with that huge space jellyfish from Farpoint. Looks like ILM built it more to a movie spec than for TV.

I'm not so sure every miniature shot will fair as well if they end up doing the full series. Some of that stuff was (understandably) very quick and crude.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the space jellyfish looks great-as does the opening credits...but nothing will remove the indellible stain or Marina Sertis' "acting".
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pain! I sense unbelievable pain!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

She sensed it right through the viewscreen...millions of miles away.
She can even do it from another solar system- all tranmitted through that most empathic of devices.
The viewscreen.

Personally, I think she was just...insane.
She was good at reading facial ticks and body language and her heaving breasts and creepy black eyes somehow distracted from the utter nonsensical aspects to her "empathic powers".

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I rather think she was sensing the audience's pain at watching her performance.

To be fair, the fault was in the writing and direction. Characterisations in season one were all over the map.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a medical condition now properly diagnosed as Early Installment Weirdness
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Speaking of early install weirdness, has anyone ever noticed that the table in the observation lounge had holographic projectors. I think they only used once or twice in season 1, but never again afterwards.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Someone in VFX probably realised that making a backlit print for the wall display was cheaper...and easier for the actors to look at than empty air on top of the table.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I think cost was the determining factor. On top of that it rather restricts what a director can do in a scene if they are forced to lock the camera off every time they use that thing.

One thing I never quite got in DS9 is why they barely ever used the holo-communicator, even after they spent a whole episode basically showcasing the thing in season five. You'd think having the other actor right there on set would have been easier, cheaper conducive to better performances and freer camera movement than using the old fashioned blue screen method.

--------------------

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps