Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Nebula Class

Author Topic: Nebula Class
Padsbrat
Member # 2218

- posted      Profile for Padsbrat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After receiving interest for the kind patrons on this forum, I thought some of you might like to know I've recently completed my new Nebula Class MSD.

Here is a preview.
You can a much, much larger version on my blog: Clicky
Enjoy the easter egg hunt!

-

--------------------
Padsbrat

a.k.a bmused55

My Blog: http://lcarsgfx.wordpress.com
MSD Print shop: http://www.photoboxgallery.com/lcarsgfx

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So this is the time travelling version of the Nebula? [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the accaomplishment and the effort you've put into this, but the Nebula was shown to launch torpedos from her pod- and you have no luncher in the forward of the pod- and oddly, the rear launcher in the support pylon for the pod, where it limits it's field of fire.

But still- pretty awesome.

Welcome to Flare- we're critical, but not jerks about it.

We're jerks about everyting else though- so come jerk with us!
(okay, maybe that did not come out quite right)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just tell anyone that pisses me off to go fuck themselves (but us Chaotic Good halflings are like that)

that aside o.O very nice... ill let the experts bitch and moan, ill just enjoy the rework images you make as result of commitee here...

actually after looking at your MDS and the pics and info from EAS, i have several questions... but im gonna sleep with the Fiancee instead... Derp.

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Padsbrat
Member # 2218

- posted      Profile for Padsbrat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I love the accaomplishment and the effort you've put into this, but the Nebula was shown to launch torpedos from her pod- and you have no luncher in the forward of the pod- and oddly, the rear launcher in the support pylon for the pod, where it limits it's field of fire.

Different pod. Not every Nebula will have an identical pod. It's long been recognised that the pods can be changed for mission specific requirements. This one is on deep space research, so has a pod dedicated to sensors. A true "sensor pod"

Also, note the Nebula has been seen to fire torpedoes from where I've placed the forward launcher.

The rear launcher is fine where it is.
If the Nebula can fire torpedos just fine from where the forward launcher is (As seen in ST:FC) then the rear one is not limited in anyway.

Torpedos can arc, we've seen them do it.

Anyway, I was planning to do a second MSD for a friend featuring a flight pod (for fighters) and a third featuring a weapons pod (like the one you refer to)

Done: Clicky

[ December 10, 2011, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: Padsbrat ]

--------------------
Padsbrat

a.k.a bmused55

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice, though i disagree on the interchangeablity of those pods. i really believe those pods are specific to frame. thus The Nebby has a few sub-classes (my comparison is the DDG-51 class with its different configurations based on who built it and the changing requirements from Flight-I, Flight-II, etc). Its how they build the ships in the first place that makes me question whether or not its 'easy' to actually alter the ship in that way.

actually, a even better example, from personal experiance, is all the differences in the Nimitz-class, even though they all vaguely look simular at first glance, the Reagan & Bush are vastly different to the Ike. Just to attach a different pod on the back of the Nebby requires you to disconnect/reconnect, perhaps hundreds of thousands of wires, conduits, EPS thingies, etc.

of course its Fanboi Saturday bitching so it really matters not. I think.

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Padsbrat
Member # 2218

That's why we are born with free will, to make our own minds up. [Smile]

In my opinion, if the Galaxy class can saucer sep, then the Nebula can Pod change.

--------------------
Padsbrat

a.k.a bmused55

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would assume taht the sensor specific pod was the one from the Phionex, not the triangular Southerland pod....but it could be that, as the Southerland was not really mission-ready, she was useing a launcher usually dedicated to probes for torpedos in that episode.

Are you planning on external differences between your MSDs pod and that of the Southerland? That would only make sense.

Also, do you hold that the pods are mannned at all times or are just giant equipment parts.

I go with the notion that any part of a ship so massive would have everything from labs and lounges to quarters- after all, it's more massive than many classes of starships!

...and of course, the real issue is why have a sensor pod at all when it seems the Galaxy class has the same sensor capacity? Do they serve possibly as mobile subspace relay outposts or Command and Control starships for fleets?

Hell, you could have an entire large hospital as a pod- something that could be quarenteened from the rest of the ship or even left in orbit (or landed) as a semi-permanent facility for relief efforts.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never heard it suggested that the pods can't be changed before . . . seems a weird idea to me. I mean, I'm sure it's not as easy as a Galaxy saucer switcheroo, but I wouldn't have thought it as difficult as a full refit.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps