Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » My Bradford model

Author Topic: My Bradford model
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

There were all kinds of little model parts on the original model that came from airplane, helicopter, and tank model kits that I just was not able to replicate, except for the occasional pieces of sheet styrene. I had actually finished this model some time ago, but was completely stumped as to how to attach the cargo pylons to the underside of the saucer (they're the stands from two Excelsior kits, but they're at an angle to the pods. I finally found some plastic shins at Home Depot that did the trick (I'll post pics of the underside when I get a new camera).

The registry was originally going to be 6184 (to make it a Deneva-class staship), but I accidentally destroyed the 4 while I was applying it, and had to improvise. The "2" is actually the N from the "NCC" of a TMP Enterprise kit...

One other change from Buckner's original model is that he used the Reliant nacelles. Instead I used nacelles from said TMP Enterprise, because the "dips" under the nacelles fit the tops of the Voyager pylons perfectly (and allowed me to use the Reliant nacelles and pylons for the Curry without having to buy yet another Reliant kit).

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did you end up using for the cargo pods?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

They're two Saturn V rocket models, just like what Buckner used, only not colored in dildo-looking skin-tone paint.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/ds9tm/bradford.jpg

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arrggh, too much FB! For a split second I wanted to 'like' these photos. [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

The only thing I can think of that "FB" stands for is Facebook, and you obviously aren't referring to that...

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes he means Facebook. Get over it. [Razz] [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

Ah, I understand what he meant now. Because I never use Facebook, I had no idea what he was talking about [Razz]

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks great Dukhat! Really very well made.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps