Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Haynes Bird-Of-Prey Manual

Author Topic: Haynes Bird-Of-Prey Manual
Scott Nixon
Member # 540

- posted      Profile for Scott Nixon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but I just got my copy of the Haynes BoP manual, and it is really nice. I haven't had a chance to read through the whole thing yet, but the layout and pictures are great. I'd highly recommend that all "Flare-ites" at least look at it the next time you're in a book shop.

--------------------
"One person's modus ponens is someone else's modus tollens."

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Reads previous post*

*Looks up info on book*

*Goes to kitchen and fills up glass of water*

*Goes back to computer and begins drinking water*

*Does spittake all over computer screen*

There's a Bird-of-Prey Technical Manual out now?! How did I not know about this?! (Seriously, I was just lamenting to myself the other day that there haven't been any books like the TNG and DS9 Technical Manuals in recent years...)

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm suprised they made this as well- I thought Pocket Books had all but abandoned Trek after they nearly went out of business.

They stopped making the DS9 novels in the middle of a storyline and now they're dead to me.
You hear me?!?! DEAD!
(punches monitor)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Scott Nixon
Member # 540

- posted      Profile for Scott Nixon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had a chance to read through the first part of it, and this book is really good. Overall the book is a lot different than the Haynes Enterprise manual (which to me is a good thing--I was disappointed with the previous book).

And if you guys are surprised about that, wait 'til you see what's coming out at the beginning of December. A book & multimedia package called "Federation: The First 150 Years." You can pre-order it on Amazon.

--------------------
"One person's modus ponens is someone else's modus tollens."

Trimm
Member # 865

- posted      Profile for Trimm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Enterprise manual was disappointing, but I have high hopes for this one.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I'm suprised they made this as well- I thought Pocket Books had all but abandoned Trek after they nearly went out of business.

They stopped making the DS9 novels in the middle of a storyline and now they're dead to me.
You hear me?!?! DEAD!
(punches monitor)

You mean....there's no more DS9 relaunch? [Eek!] [Frown] [Confused]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing. Instead they went with some assinine leap forward in time with the Typhon Pact- making Ezri captain of her own ship and tieing her story into that of the Enterprise E and the Titan- completely ignoring DS9 and everything they had been building on.

Of course, the new stuff was based on a storyline chumping the Borg yet again and eliminating them as a viable threat....so there's that.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been reading the Typhon Pact books and just assumed that the next DS9 book would come eventually... Ah well. I'm rather liking them so far.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Do they give any indication as to whta happened on DS9? Or any background of the relationship Ezri had with Bashir?
Can you give us a basic synopsis on the novels without sppoiling everything?

I kinda do and dont understand the course they took- the DS9 relaunch stuff was incredible but several years behind events in the TNG books -which BTW, sucked SO bad- watch for Dr. Crusher defeating the Borg by osioning the "Royal Jelly" that Borg use to make a normal drone into a Queen. GET IT!?!? It's like they're bees! Good thing they did not grind that half baked agalgy into the dirt...fucks's sake

Sigh

I may have to buy the Omnibus editions of the DS9 relaunch- three books per omnibus...cheap too, and I sadly lost many of those novels over the years.
They did some fantastic stuff- lots of great fanboy suprises and supporting characters from TNG too.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

My memory isn't the best when it comes to these books, especially the long span between them. Memory Beta, however, has good synopses. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps