Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » More ships from STID (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: More ships from STID
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://oi41.tinypic.com/2dazomx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/V14PBBr.jpg

First pic hasn't been proven to be official yet, but I think it is. The ship's name seems to be "U.S.S. BIDDEFORD," which is a city in Maine. The registry is the same as the Newton-type ship seen in the same movie.

The second pic is of a display in Marcus's office. There's a lot of info, but for the S&T part, we see four top-view diagrams of ships; two are the nuEnterprise type in two different sizes, one is similar to the Excelsior, and one is a more curvy, futuristic-looking ship, although it has what looks to me like the same bridge module as the NX-01.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the first photo from a cut scene? Because I'm pretty sure it's not in the final film.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, it's supposedly a deleted scene.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me or does the USS Biddeford look like an old Constitution Class starship to me?

Are the screenshots from the second link visible in the movie, too? In which scene?

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Double post.
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it is. And that's just damn peculiar. The Kelvin already demonstrated that the timeline was screwy, and so to have a classic Constitution at all even/especially with a low registry is just odd.

And it isn't like it can be passed off as a deleted scene stand-in, I wouldn't think, given the apparent work done to it (e.g. the registry).

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian 2000:
Yes it is. And that's just damn peculiar. The Kelvin already demonstrated that the timeline was screwy, and so to have a classic Constitution at all even/especially with a low registry is just odd.

And it isn't like it can be passed off as a deleted scene stand-in, I wouldn't think, given the apparent work done to it (e.g. the registry).

Here's the thing: If this was indeed a deleted scene, it was deleted for a reason, and I think I know what that reason is.

This "0718" thing is obviously someone's in-joke. Another ship has that registry, and the bald science officer cyborg-y dude's name was 0718. This Connie with the same number is just another instance of this (which is why I believe the shot is real). But I'm sure someone just knew that us Trekkies would go apeshit if we saw this in the film, so they wisely cut it out, because it would have just been too much even as a joke. Unfortunately it surfaced somehow. But it wasn't in the finished film, so at most it's just an interesting curiosity and nothing more.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the first photo is fake. The ship looks like it's been superimposed over the footage.
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am reasonably certain that no one except those of us here would ever cut a scene because the spaceship wasn't quite right in the continuity.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

My theory was that the scene was cut because of the ship's in-joke name and registry, not because of the ship itself.

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac330/KingDaniel01/db-5r.jpg

Someone over at the TrekBBS figured out that this ship was actually a fan design based on the Makin Class from FASA, with the NX-01 superimposed on it. Kinda nifty.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It also looks like this fanon design called the Atraiu as well.

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Atraiu_Class;108265

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac330/KingDaniel01/db-5r.jpg

Someone over at the TrekBBS figured out that this ship was actually a fan design based on the Makin Class from FASA, with the NX-01 superimposed on it. Kinda nifty.

I dont know what to think about this- on one hand, someone is certainly the detrektive(TM) for catching it...on the other, it's very nice outside with girls and sunshine and velociraptors and such.
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I dont know what to think about this- on one hand, someone is certainly the detrektive(TM) for catching it...on the other, it's very nice outside with girls and sunshine and velociraptors and such.

Go outside?

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.