Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » TOS Connie in STID deleted scene

Author Topic: TOS Connie in STID deleted scene
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nocOwybJoTw

Discuss [Smile]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In-universe explanation: Design study? Pre-cursor?

Either way, cool!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old news, because I know I've seen that before, just can't remember where. I think the idea was--due to the registry--it was now an older design with a dumb name ("Biddeford"? Really?) & was supposed to have been Marcus' big command.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^True, this is old news, because a photo of the ship was released some time ago. But a lot of people just thought it was fake. Now we have proof it's real because of the vid.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

137th Gebirg
Member # 2692

- posted      Profile for 137th Gebirg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to see close ups of all those desk models.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

Ask and you shall receive:

http://io9.com/a-close-up-look-at-the-star-trek-easter-egg-you-might-h-509076595

The Vengeance is out there too, just Google something like "Admiral Marcus's Vengeance model" or something. That's what I did to get the above link.

137th Gebirg
Member # 2692

- posted      Profile for 137th Gebirg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting they all seem to be made by QMx. Thanks for the link. Nice looking models.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Video no longer there due to a copyright claim.

However, I never realised that the Kelvin's registry started with a '0' - kinda silly, but I suppose there is the NX-01 - rather than just the 1.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, boooo. I'm so sick of youtube and their overzealous copyright claims. I can watch the full movie, but any deleted scenes are taken down, what logic are they operating on?
o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
Ask and you shall receive:

http://io9.com/a-close-up-look-at-the-star-trek-easter-egg-you-might-h-509076595

The Vengeance is out there too, just Google something like "Admiral Marcus's Vengeance model" or something. That's what I did to get the above link.

I think I saw at least one more vehical on the desk of Admiral Marcus: The Ares V (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ares_V). In the real world this project was cancelled, maybe only after the scene was filmed? I have to check if there was the Ares I as well...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps