Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » IMFDB

Author Topic: IMFDB
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Internet Movie Firearms Database is a great timewaster, but also has a very thorough rundown of projectile weapons in Trek.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Star_Trek

One detail I had forgotten was from "Spirit Folk"[VOY6] in which the Fair Haven Irish holodeck townsfolk shoot the control panel with a double-barrel shotgun. Reviewing the episode, sparks fly and the internals flip out but there is no appreciable external damage.

The range is short and assuming birdshot, this is quite surprising. One would expect the black panel interface to go completely and not just flicker.

However, I think it more likely that the panel was damaged by the impact of forcefields and photons rather than by physical impact. This seems supported by the blue smudgy effect on the panel, similar to the effect seen on frozen characters a moment later, not to mention the lack of recoil.

See http://youtu.be/eOy2-LPocg0

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come to thunk of it, given that the safeties failed after the first shot yet there was still no physical damage after the second, this supports my thesis about First Contact:

http://st-v-sw.net/STSWBorgKE.html

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"uring "Spirit Folk" (Season 6, Episode 17), the Irish villagers can be seen using Double Barreled Shotguns to capture Paris and Kim and to damage the Holodeck controls. Another shotgun can be seen in "Author, Author" (Season 7, Episode 20) in Captain JenkinĀ“s (Kate Mulgrew) quarters."

Captain Jenkin's?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

That's the one where the doc writes everyone like they're from the parallel universe.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a side note, your link to my site (that I might as well just kill off once and for all) is literally about 13 years out of date! 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

I'll take it! Me me me!

And yeah, a link checker is nice. Oh well. The new version of the site will have newer dead links. ;-)

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.