Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » New ST Enyclopedia ship info (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: New ST Enyclopedia ship info
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for updated ship information, what's the point of them simply inventing stuff?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because that's what they did before. And I have a ship list to update [Wink]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

vwuser
Member # 2182

- posted      Profile for vwuser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of it would not be made up.

They could have added registry info for the Centaur, Honshu, and other ships whose registries appeared and were not mentioned in the encyclopedia.

Learning that a runabout model had been relabeled as Ganda, I would be curious to know if the model had a new registry number. Or NCC-73918's name.

Capt. Kaiser
Member # 10511

- posted      Profile for Capt. Kaiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone got the Soyuz Class cgi from this book?

--------------------
If your not laughing your not living

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last week eaglemoss released three views of the fed hero ships. Just wondering if its forum worthy discussion.

-
 -

--------------------
Blaze da finest weed in da shire...

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Shenzhou works well as a 24/25th century Miranda-class replacement but certainly doesn't fit into the 2250s. Moreover, it's supposed to be older than the Discovery but looks more advanced.

The Discovery is in my opinion the ugliest hero ship in Trek's history by a long shot and one of the ugliest top 5 Federation designs.

I think the E-D and Voyager have some unflattering angles too and I had my qualms about the blatant Akira rip-off the NX-01 was, but this has no saving grace at all. It looks like one of those horrible FASA kitbashes from the 80s or a pizza wheel and I hope it gets destroyed by the space vamps before the season is over.

And what's with these cut outs? All they do is lengthen transport ways.

Still believe in sequential registries, so if it is indeed a new design, 1031 will irk me as well. Probably supposed to be an inane in-joke.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Capt. Kaiser
Member # 10511

- posted      Profile for Capt. Kaiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Space Shuttle Discovery is OV-103

--------------------
If your not laughing your not living

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fully endorse Spike's post, only seeking to add that the Discovery secondary hull side view looks like the Sovereign. Indeed, the neck reminds me of a Galaxy, just with a more extreme Sovereign-esque angle.

--------------------
G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Shik
There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spike is my new hero.

I'd like to add that these are some seriously shitty class names, too.

--------------------
"I never agreed with Jefferson once—we have fought on like seventy-five different fronts. But when all is said & all is done...Jefferson HAS beliefs; Burr has none."

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel the same way about the Walker-class that I did about the NX-class: I really like the design, but definitely agree it looks too advanced for its time period.

Looking at those views of the Crossfield-class, though... At least I've finally nailed down exactly why it offends my asthetic sense so much: The saucer is way too small. If the diameter of the saucer was at least as big as the distance between the outer edges of the nacelles, I could tolerate everything else.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like the front and rear views of the Discovery, but the side and top and shit is real bad.
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nacellle's are just a tad too long. Not digging the bronze/brown hull coloration or the very flat delta secondary hull. If the nacelle's were canted just tiny bit instead of being straight horizontal I think I'd tolerate her more. Otherwise I agree that its the ugliest hero ship yet.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Agree completely on nacelle pylon angle. Upswept a hair would make the ship only somewhat less ridiculous, but a vastly improved form of ridiculousness.

--------------------
G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crossfield-class. Oh, well, I guess Scott Crossfield presumably getting a ship/class named after him isn't the end of the world. I'm just worried that the Walker-class is named after Gen. Edwin Walker..!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

It's not:
http://trekcore.com/blog/2017/08/star-trek-discovery-uss-shenzhou-is-a-walker-class-starship/

quote:
In reality, longtime Trek starship designer John Eaves revealed that the class name is actually named after X-15 test pilot Joe Walker, who flew spaceplanes for the United States in the mid-1960’s.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.