Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Discovery Starships (Page 12)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Discovery Starships
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like the Sovereign style nacelles. Not.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Looks like the Eaves design aesthetic is even infecting the TOS-TNG interregnum now...

-

(from the Picard exhibit at SDCC, via TrekCore)

Hey guys, welcome back.

So apparently that ship drawing was old John Eaves concept art from a pre-Star Trek Online game that never happened:

http://i.imgur.com/tUsyH0I.jpg

Someone must have just grabbed it from the internetz and used it for the certificate with complete disregard for the era it was supposed to be from. As I said it's an Eaves design, but I doubt that even he would be that dumb as to use an Enterprise-E era design for a ship from 2327 (and with that registry it's probably even a lot older than a new ship from 2327.) Or maybe he is that dumb, who knows.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other ship on that image gives him another excuse to use his precious bloody saucer cut-outs again, I see.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ship on the plaque is an evolved version of the STO sketch, looking like other Eaves better-sketches.

I don't think it was just "someone". The very idea for the plaque could've come from Eaves, given his aviation kick.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eaglemoss calls the 4-nacelled Section 31 ship "Nimrod class".
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a surprise that another ship-class is named for something related to Earth. You'd think the entire Federation knows Earth mythology, old fighter pilots and the likes.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

The Federation is no more than a 'homo sapiens' only club.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:-)

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

3 new class names from Eaglemoss:

Helios class for the tug.

Hou-Yi class for the smaller 4-nacelled Section 31 ship

Shiva class for the Miranda-esque Section 31 ship. Registry NI-0047.

The Nimrod class is labeled NI-0064.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And there was me with my money on the Woke-class USS Canceller.

(I jest, of course. But it does make me chuckle the unseemly rush they're in to get as far away as possible from Eaves's randomly poicking ship and class names from his Mighty Big Book Of Proper Darn US Aviators like he did when DSC started)

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

I guess he just didn't have a say in naming as he didn't design these vessels.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Well, yes, that's the point.

--------------------

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.