Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Discovery Starships (Page 3)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Discovery Starships
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some ship images from Episode 5:

New Starbase Design:

-

Klingon D7:

-

-

-

Klingon Shuttle/Fighter:

-

-

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are amazing-looking black and mostly-black pictures. (Not your fault … just seems like the VFX team was trying to cloak them.)

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To add to what's been said already, Trekyards is terribly annoying, not just because of baseless hypotheses, but because those who think they know everything are naturally annoying to those of us who do, which is basically the Flare userbase.

Also, the American host is utterly ridiculous, as he posted a picture of himself on Twitter in a maroon monster with the caption "have no fear, Capt. Foley is here!" and asked for retweets.

No, dude, just no. Actually, not just no, but f… oh, wait, someone said something about potty-mouth.

As for podcasts, I am tempted to start one just to add my suck factor to the chorus of suck. Even my foes complimented my speaking when I was a podcast guest a handful of years ago, so there's that…

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't even imagine listening to a self-serious Trek podcast. I'm just going to stick with The Greatest Generation.
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Guardian 2000:
To add to what's been said already, Trekyards is terribly annoying, not just because of baseless hypotheses, but because those who think they know everything are naturally annoying to those of us who do, which is basically the Flare userbase.

Also, the American host is utterly ridiculous, as he posted a picture of himself on Twitter in a maroon monster with the caption "have no fear, Capt. Foley is here!" and asked for retweets.

He's Canadian, thank the lord.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

YES! Thank you! I am so happy to hear that. We have so many weirdos now, but I am relieved to be one short.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Problem is, most Trek podcasts seem to be American. Except when they're Canadian, but that doesn't matter, because the rest of the world really can't tell the difference. Sorry, but there it is. Anyway. Yes, American. And you're all too polite and respectful and incapable of saying something nasty about anything. And when you do, it just comes across as catty. Whereas we Brits, we're irreverent. We take the piss out of everything.

Amereican podcaster: "And of course the show's creative consultant is Nicholas Meyer, a truly great director..."
British podcaster: "Meyer? Not arsed mate. That Sherlock film he done? Rubbish."

On another board, I've taken to calling Voq D'Wayn D'bleh, he's the ultimate Klingon space nerd (now that T'Kuvma has carked it anyway, he was the previous holder of the crown). And L'Rell, I keep expecting her to say "This one time, in Klingon band camp..." - now all the more apt now we know she's a bit kinky, likes the odd human prisoner.

(Of course, that's all gone for a ball of chalk now Voq has been genetically transformed into the implausibly hot Lt. Ash Tyler, which is obviously what has happened, but still)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Klingon concept art, with ships.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/1QvbL

--------------------
Blaze da finest weed in da shire... I shake my trekbbs at flare.solareclipse.net

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

--------------------

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try this.

http://www.thetrekcollective.com/2017/10/discovery-klingon-designs-revealed-in.html?m=1

--------------------
Blaze da finest weed in da shire... I shake my trekbbs at flare.solareclipse.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so know we know whose ass to lick. Thanks.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

gaghyogi49
Member # 14666

- posted      Profile for gaghyogi49     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The USS Gagarin seen in the trailer for next week's episode ("Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum") seems to be of the same class as the USS Kerala.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seven hours later, I realize there's a typo. That should be KICK, goddammit.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gaghyogi49:
The USS Gagarin seen in the trailer for next week's episode ("Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum") seems to be of the same class as the USS Kerala.

Finaly, we will see one of those new ship designs in a close-up!
o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone noticed that the ship at the end of 'Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad' uses parts of the new Galactica (engines) and the engineering hull of an Excesior-class starship?
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps