Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » USS Emmett Till

Author Topic: USS Emmett Till
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone has been following the development of the DS9 documentary and season 8, they have released an image of Captain Ezri Dax's ship. No, not the USS Aventine. This is a new ship of a yet-to-be-announced class. Eaglemoss is also releasing a scale rendering of this ship as well.

-

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So from what I understand, this is just from an imaginary DS9 season 8 that some people came up with 20+ years after the fact. Never mind that the ship is clearly just another unimaginative John Eaves design, but why the hell would Ezri Dax go from a counselor to a ship captain in one year without any command training whatsoever?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, thank you.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know what? I'm revoking Eaves' starship desogn license. He's done. Pack your shit & go.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's sad when you can't really even guess at a starship's intended era anymore. This ship could show up on Discovery S2 and there'd be no way to say it didn't fit. Literally the only iffy part would be the E-E-esque Bussards, but then translucent covers over them are a thing.

Thanks, Eaves.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This animated season 8 is set years after WYLB. And is helmed by Ira Stephen Behr, FWIW.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess the one thing I can say in favor of the design is that, if it's supposed to be post-DS9, at least that's the one time where a ship that looks that Sovereign-esque belongs. I definitely don't care for it, though.

That said, I'm still really looking forward to the documentary.

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kinda like Eaves work on disco. However, I hate the Emmette Till... the ship not the person.

--------------------
Blaze da finest weed in da shire... I shake my trekbbs at flare.solareclipse.net

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least this looks period appropriate and better than the ship Ezri got in the novels.

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/USS_Aventine

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the Vesta-class. Could stand to see it on, say, the Picard show. Have to admire how they're basically saying "A second-rate ship's counsellor ends up as a Captain? Sure, that I can buy, but that ship she's commanded in however many books, that'll have to go." That's some prime stupid you got there, boy.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Just like the Ferengi in the gorilla suit, the Aventine had to go.

Probably has something to do with IP rights, I'd wager.

--------------------

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since almost everything is old, I’m posting anyhow.

Just saw this., I almost like it as it is post war at least. But why four nacelles? He asks the void.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.