Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » USS Cerritos California-class transport. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: USS Cerritos California-class transport.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The top ship definitely has a neck of sorts, even if one just to run two pylons off the bottom of. If you were going to do a Miranda version of an Intrepid (unless you consider that to be the Yeager), this might be how you'd do it.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by o2:
I'm just glad not to see any generic Excelsiors or Mirandas any more, but something new that fits the 2380s. And maybe we get a better look at those ships/that ship in the cause of the series.

I like random excelsiors and Miranda’s. Utility! Reuseable design , built martian tough

--------------------
Blaze da finest weed in da shire... I shake my trekbbs at flare.solareclipse.net

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't get me wrong, I like those classes very much. But I very much like to see Intrepids, Defiants, Akiras and Steamrunners in this post-Nemesis time period.
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
It was a thing I threw together in MS Paint in about 1998. You only know you’re of the Flare old guard if you remember it without Googling!

Now you really do make me feel old ;-)

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ancient...

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the new 'This Season on Star Trek Lower Decks' trailer it is clear that we have at least two different ships types (besides the California-Class): One Miranda-like ship type (look at time code 0:51) and then another one with a triangle-shaped dish (or whatever) beneath the saucer section (at 0:59).
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or you could look at the second page of this thread...

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

New starship in this image:

https://scifanatic-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/lds-s1prev-14.jpg

Can't tell if it's one of the kind(s) we've seen already.

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’m not 100% certain, but I think it’s the same type as the ship in the lower right corner of the first picture on page 2.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

o2
Member # 907

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
New starship in this image:

https://scifanatic-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/lds-s1prev-14.jpg

Can't tell if it's one of the kind(s) we've seen already.

Congratulation, Lee, you found the ship that I marked with the 0:51 timestamp.
o2
Member # 907

quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
I’m not 100% certain, but I think it’s the same type as the ship in the lower right corner of the first picture on page 2.

I believe it is indeed a new ship. The angle of the pylons are not the same. The one from the previous page has an acute angle (maybe like the USS Centaur), and the new ship has curved ones, more like the Nebula.
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, there are two new ships in the shot. the boxy thing is a starship too, no?
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://blog.trekcore.com/2020/08/star-trek-lower-decks-roundup-cerritos-design-new-posters-ready-room/

There's a good picture of the MSD and it explains the significance of the yellow paint job.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

o2
Member # 907

Yes, the yellow paint job is an interesting new concept!
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“Ops, ops, ops, storage, ops. Actually, there’s like a ton of ops. It’s like ‘Guys, I think we have ops covered.’”

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps