Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » USS Cerritos California-class transport. (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: USS Cerritos California-class transport.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to that MSD, the ship seems awfully well-stocked with dune buggies.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I can get behind that concept (re: the yellow strioe).

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So why didn’t the USS Pasteur have blue stripes then? Or are they saying it’s just this one hitherto-unseen class which did it?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It had the cadeuceus, which maybe overrode it. Also, maybe these ships were started at the end of the war.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or maybe, y’know, it’s a stylistic decision that changes as often as Starfleet changes its uniforms? [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That, basically. It just feels like one of these half-arsed things that gets thrown into the canon and then is never mentioned again. Like the Doctor (no, not the EMH) being half-human, that kind of thing.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be fair, the USS Pasteur was part of a future in which the E-D was still around and had a third nacelle stuck onto it (assuming that it was even a real timeline and not something Q was implanting directly into Picard's head). I think it's okay to contradict anything shown in the future parts of AGT at this point.
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Episode 4 features the California class USS Merced NCC-87075 with Science blue livery. I think this is the first NCC-registry starting with 8 (not counting the ones from TNG Conspiracy).

Captain Freeman served aboard the USS Illinois at one point in her career.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That’s quite a jump in registry numbers considering the show takes place only one year after Nemesis. I hope that when PIC season two happens and they show more Starfleet vessels, by 2500 they will have had a new registry system in place. I’d much rather see registries of NCV-25 than NCC-103564.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Lee
Member # 393

And next week, the USS Vancouver NCC-70492.

Yes, that’s correct: every ship in this show so far has been named after a place in the Americas. Potentially even just North America - there is a Quito in the USA, too. Come off it, CBS.

--------------------

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I’m an American and even I’m getting annoyed about that. Although I’m pretty sure the Quito is an Equador class starship [Wink]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Shik
Member # 343

...A Tellarite named Durango? What's next, a Vulcan named Bob?

--------------------

137th Gebirg
Member # 2692

- posted      Profile for 137th Gebirg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had a Vulcan named “Oh”.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you dare besmirch the good name of Bob of Vulcan.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do like the idea of the color markings that denote the function of the ship.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.