Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » 32nd Century Ships (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 32nd Century Ships
o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
I think the Hansando is the four-nacelled ship (the one that looks similar to the Section 31 four nacelled ship.)

In the episode 'Scavengers' we have a pretty good view on the underside of the Type 6 class (the one with four nacelles, check out time code 19:22). The underside is wide and flat and does not have this stripe with dotted lights at the front end. Furthermore, the registry is not visible at the bow of the ship. Therefore I come to the conclusion that the USS Hansando is not a Type 6 class starship.

We have not seen the underside of a Tpye 8 class starship yet, but I assume that the USS Hansando is a ship of that class due to the fact that the engineering section (the lower half of the ship) is elongated and is a fit, more that any other new starhip class we have seen so far.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the new Shipyards book, the Type 7 from page 1 of the thread is the Friendship-class (example ship USS Thant). And the four-nacelled Type 6 is the Merian-class. Only the J-shaped Type 8 (example ship USS Drusselhaus) remains without a class name.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Using the new Shipyards book Lee mentioned last week, the USS Hansando can be identified as the same class of ship the USS Nog is. Look for the thin red line that is below the registry. This red line and those bright, dotted lights can only be found on the Eisenberg-Class. By the way, the shot suggests that we see the bottom of the ship, but instead it is the lower half of the ship's front that we look at.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps