Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » ST:LD - Parliament Class, a way better Nebulized Sovereign than the Titan

Author Topic: ST:LD - Parliament Class, a way better Nebulized Sovereign than the Titan
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

USS Vancouver, they even added the Sharpie-style rear saucer extensions like on the New Orleans of BOBW days. And look at how organically they solved the main deflector, that's how you turn a problem into more curves.

I've never liked the Luna-class Titan, it didn't go far enough in compartmentalizing the SOV design, and the side view with the modular launcher on top looks god-awful, like a kiddie-sketch.

I'm watching Star Trek: Lower Decks now for the hell of it, and they have better ship/shuttle designs than "The Orville". Someone who is a larger Trek nut than Seth MacFarlane got the go ahead, and I am A-OK with that.

Also, hi. Hope you're in good health people.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a terrible design, though I don't see much Sovereign in it. I concur that the deflector assembly is graceful, but after that my issues with the design start to mount. The window rows on the pylons, the seeming lack of bridge module, extra red non-Bussard bits, and other details are just . . . nyet.

Oh, and yay, another totally different nacelle.

As for that side view of the other ship . . . ew. It's such a Sovkira that it should be called Anastasia Komononov.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come, come now. Young minds, fresh ideas. Be tolerant. ;
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This shit ugly, yo.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like McMahan's short-range ships. The parliament has ample impulse engines.
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parliament-class coming to STO

Very telling that this is the first LD ship coming to STO and not the California. The ship continues to look good in STO's somewhat more realistic style.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the egregious fuck is a "miracle worker surveyor cruiser"?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing the top view, I'm now realizing how oblong the saucer is. I kind of think I would like it better if it were circular.
Shik
Member # 343

Yeah, it looks like something that a grade-schooler would draw.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps