Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Fixing Background Federation Ships (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fixing Background Federation Ships
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually liked the St(r)eamrunner better than the Akira. The Norway's a bit boring and the Saber was the ugliest Starfleet vessel until the Vengeance came along (which was replaced by Discovery and the 32nd century weird shapes).

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
The Norway's a bit boring

Funny you say that. Nobody seems quite sure what the Norway's deflector area looks like, but the version I found has a big pit and the big round deflector right under the bridge.

As I rebuilt that area in my deweirdifying I ended up turning the ship upside down, and lost heart: it's a regular neckless Connie-style ship with funny deflector placement and a shorn saucer top.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Steamrunner class will be making a return in PIC season 2 (as an alternate universe Federation ship at least.) They are using the Eaglemoss CGI model for it, since the original model no longer exists. So if the trend is to use EM CGI models in future Trek shows, then we may end up seeing ships like the Norway that were lost after the Berman era ended. As much as I don’t like the FC ships, it makes sense to use the existing EM assets for future shows. Pretty much every Trek ship EM has made has an accompanying CGI model for it.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And they're more often than not incorrect.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

137th Gebirg
Member # 2692

- posted      Profile for 137th Gebirg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but now that Trek is using Eaglemoss models on-screen, they’ve gone from being generally not-always-correct to 100% screen-accurate. [Big Grin]
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the EM Steamrunner’s deflector module looked blockier than the original. Maybe it’s just me…

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give Eaglemoss *some* credit… they’re more accurate than many of the Fact Files diagrams. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

137th Gebirg
Member # 2692

- posted      Profile for 137th Gebirg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.