Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Star Trek Continuum NFTs

Author Topic: Star Trek Continuum NFTs
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://guide.startrek.xyz/ships

Wow, just wow. This is terrible beyond words.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....Is this a game?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's pure corporate greed camouflaged as some sort of Trading Card game if you ask me.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And they’ve got all the actors plugging them too. Lost a lot of respect for Ajala and Rapp.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Insert disgusted sigh here*

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
And they’ve got all the actors plugging them too. Lost a lot of respect for Ajala and Rapp.

They might have to, though. It might be a contractual obligation.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would never 'invest' in an NFT. Most are absurd, like a private 'stock' which doesn't confer any ownership value to you whatsoever. But, this is basically a card game with missions where you buy in and play for other valueless NFTs which your fellow morons view as valuable, so it isn't quite as bad.

In other words, this is more like Blockchain Star Trek CCG. Is it a ripoff that's un-Trek-like, as some argue? Maybe. But, it is also the first time I've seen an NFT thing that didn't make me completely LOL at the absurdity. It accomplished this by not being a traditional NFT, but instead being a buy-in game with blockchain accoutrements.

In that sense, it's no worse than most of their licensed fan ripoffs.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

quote:
It might be a contractual obligation.
This is Sonequa Martin Green on Twitter:

quote:
Ok fam, the Star Trek Experience NFT. This is all I’ll be saying about it. 1st, I only engage in what I can in good faith. I know (and hate) how some crypto is harming the environment. I also know that not all are. Facts are facts are facts, like carbon neutrality.
quote:
I did my research & saw the facts. I’m definitely not an exclusive voice for Recur or NFT’s but I saw & liked that it’s goal is community building & giving Trek fam a new way to connect with each other. Feel how you feel, of course. Don’t participate or do, of course.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We’ve got a community right here, we’re a fam of sorts and we communicate with each other just fine. And we didn’t have to pay anyone anything to do it. Which is half the point, these days if a tree falls down in the forest and it doesn’t have crypto, does it matter?

Maybe we should do a NFT. A Nifty Flareite Token.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll pay 400 quatloos for a Flare NFT!

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Shik
Member # 343

Yeah, that Twitter post reads to me as saying "Look, I hate this idea & everything behind it, but my bosses are making me shill for this shit or I lose my job."

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps