Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Nebula Class USS Leeds

Author Topic: The Nebula Class USS Leeds
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike Okuda said this when I sent him a message about the model making its way around the Trek curcuits:

The U.S.S. Leeds is the ship in the main title of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, so it was in a lot of episodes. I don't know where the Trinculo comes from.

We'll miss Ron a great deal, but we're lucky that he wrote one full script and worked on the story for another; both episodes look like they'll be good. I don't know how much a "real" prop bat'leth costs. Props can be quite expensive in that they're often hand-made items, so there's no saving due to mass production.

Hope this helps.
-Mike

------------------
"...the sky's the limit."

Picard's last words in "All Good Things..."

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait just a damn minute! You mean to say after years of suffering dimwits who ask if anyone knows what the name and registry of the Nebula in the DS9 title sequence, it now turns out to HAVE a name and registry after all?! Hell's teeth, Okuda will pay for this! B(
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems he's been playing shy.

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I guess it hadn't been named until a model was put in the museum circuit. I just asked him about the ship when it was mentioned before somewhere, that and I wanted to know how much will it cost to have a bat'leth just like the one the Star Trek prop department gave to Ron Moore when he left the franchise.

------------------
"Its origin and purpose, still a total mystery."

-Dedication Plaque quote from the U.S.S. Odyssey

[This message has been edited by Michael_T (edited July 12, 1999).]

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A studio model pic from Starship Modeler gives the USS Leeds as NCC-70352.
http://members.xoom.com/snipersystem/leeds.jpg

------------------
"If I get lost, I'll just follow the ship infront of us."-Ensign Nog

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took me two tries to see the pic. (Knows from personal experience that direct links to pics doesn't usually work on Xoom.)

::Checks to see if USS Leeds registry matches model::

Someone told me it was 70325. Oh well, makes changes. That thing is huge, the deflector looks weird though.

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?
Federation Starship Datalink

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited July 18, 1999).]

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

The Leeds is in the same scale as the 4 foot Enterprise-D model so of course it's large. It's the same model used in TNG and DS9 representing various ships such as the USS Phoenix, USS Sutherland, and the USS Prometheus.

------------------

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! I knew it!

------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

Well, it's obvious that the Nebula Class model that was first created for TNG's "The Wounded" and then used on later episodes and shows would be the same one. Why build a differnt model if you have one already, unless it broke. But now that I think of it, maybe the F/X guys built more Nebula Class ships after we first saw it, to become exhibition pieces. But that would mean all of the Nebula Class models would be in the same scale as the first one and of the 4-foot Galaxy Class models.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.