Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Presenting...SWDAO! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Presenting...SWDAO!
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So far, this page is focusing on Starfleet ships. If you want to do a similar one for other stuff, go ahead.

------------------
Frank's Supernifty Page

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well no. Not really. I was just saying there's more than just starships that could be SWDAO topics.

------------------
Got Trek?
Federation Starship Datalink

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey the SWDAO looks good. Sorry Shadow, I've been very busy recently and have only been able to go online very few times. As for the e-mail, I never recieved it but it may have been sent to the wrong address. The correct address should be in my profile.
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh wait, its not.
Uh the e-mail is now [email protected], if you could change it on the site as well, it would be most appreciated.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, there you are. I had a different address...I'll use this one instead; thanks.

------------------
Frank's Home Page, which you've never seen before and want to visit right now

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Long awaited 'Class of USS Potemkin' write-up:

The USS Potemkin NCC-18253 is listed in both Star Trek Encyclopedias as being an Excelsior class starship. Though the Potemkin has never been seen on screen, there is a possible sighting of her in the episode "Second Chances." In the Enterprise-D's observation lounge, LaForge goes to one of the screens in the lounge to show the bridge crew what caused the duplicate Riker to appear. The screen shows the planet's surface, the two transporter beams which caused the mishap, and an Ambassador class starship. Logically, one would assume that this is a representation of the USS Potemkin. But is this really what the Potemkin looks like? Some say the Ambassador class starship model is just a 'placeholder', or a generic design that shows the viewer that it's a Federation starship, not giving out many details. But, this screen could be showing the true USS Potemkin as an Ambassador class vessel. The registry number of NCC-18253 fits into both class's numbering schemes, but there are no other Excelsior class starships with numbers as 18xxx. The same applies for the Ambassador class. So this is a total toss up.

------------------
"I am Sci-Fi"
-The 359

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Thanks! The entry has been added...let me know if I got your name or email address wrong or anything.

------------------

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like the Potemkin is Ambassador-class. On-screen evidence over-rules the Encyclopedias.

Oh, SWDAO is very cool - I've added it to my links page.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, DS9 'Tears of the Prophets')

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Except...the poster formerly known as Trinculo says that the Potemkin is seen in "Ethics" (TNG). Anyone have that episode on tape?

------------------

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll admit, I've never seen that episode.
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Elim just rewatched the episode...the Potemkin is indeed shown, and it's an Excelsior. Oh well.

------------------

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mind you, look what I found. . . all hail Alidar Jarok! 8)

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bugger. The next page had an ever better one. Teach me to look before I post. . . B(

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the Ambassador on the display is nothing but a "generic Starfleet ship". Which was the episode where the Excelsior was actually shown?
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Ehics" - the episode where Worf was injured and wanted to commit ritual suicide. I can't remember another ship in this episode.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps