Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Presenting...SWDAO! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Presenting...SWDAO!
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the only other ship in the episode.

*notices Bernd is having a question-and-answer period with himself*

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could someone remind Lee that there's an edit function?

------------------
Frank's Home Page, which you've never seen before and want to visit right now

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you just have, Frank.

My, this is an odd half-thread... I appear to be oblivious to its effects thus far, don't I, Elim?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's make a CapCom of it:

Geordi: "And this subspace inversion layer causes everything to double: transporter beams, forum posts, image sizes, personalities."

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Ooh, good fun!

Geordi, top image: *pointing* "And..." *sniff!* "... right here... It's the name of..." *sob* "... my first friend..."

------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How often will the SWDAO be updated? In this recent example, it turns out that the Potemkin has been seen as an Excelsior-class so shouldn't that be mentioned in Matt's article on SWDAO?

------------------
"Let's make sure that history never forgets the name...Enterprise."
Federation Starship Datalink

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes; I'm waiting for Matt to rewrite the article.

------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The USS Potemkin NCC-18253 is listed in both Star Trek Encyclopedias as being an Excelsior class starship. Though the Potemkin has on screen as an Excelsior clas, there is a second sighting of her in the episode "Second Chances." In the Enterprise-D's observation lounge, LaForge goes to one of the screens in the lounge to show the bridge crew what caused the duplicate Riker to appear. The screen shows the planet's surface, the two transporter beams which caused the mishap, and an Ambassador class starship. Logically, one would assume that this is a representation of the USS Potemkin. But is this really what the Potemkin looks like? Some say the Ambassador class starship model is just a 'placeholder', or a generic design that shows the viewer that it's a Federation starship, not giving out many details. But, this screen could be showing the true USS Potemkin as an Ambassador class vessel. The registry number of NCC-18253 fits into both class's numbering schemes, but there are no other Excelsior class starships with numbers as 18xxx. The same applies for the Ambassador class. The possiblity of there being two USS Potemkins is also unlikely, with the low registry on the Excelsior version, and wether or not Excelsiors are still being built

------------------
"I am Sci-Fi"
-The 359

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

OK...that works.

------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody want to do a SWDAO article for the NCC-43/201 Excelsior registry?

------------------
"Let's make sure that history never forgets the name...Enterprise."
Federation Starship Datalink

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Well...we really don't know how well the magazine is representing the registry. Again, something printed that small is prone to distortion.

------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps