Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Is it real or is it Memorex

Author Topic: Is it real or is it Memorex
Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watching some of the great shots of the Equinox from the season premiere got me to wondering if there exists a physical model of the Nova-class starship or if it exists only on a harddrive somewhere just like the FC ships. I also found it interesting to read in ST The Magazine that DS9 was never "converted" to CGI. The closing shot of the station from "What You Leave Behind" looked computer generated.

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that there can be no doubt that the station had been CGI-ified, at least for "WYLB".

I don't think they'd have time to contruct a physical model for the Equinox even if they wanted to.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting thread title. There could be a slogan in that for certain episodes: Is it real, or is it holodecks? *grin*

------------------
"I've colorized the moon."
-Ted Turner, The Family Guy

Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would you be surprised to know that Gary Hutzel used primarily motion-control photography as late as season 5/6? It's only David Stipes who prefers CGI.

Boris

------------------
"Wrong again. Although we want to be scientifically accurate, we've found that selection of [Photon Energy Plasma Scientifically Inaccurate as a major Star Trek format error] usually indicates a preoccupation with science and gadgetry over people and story."

---a Writers' Test from the Original Series Writer's Guide

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it not Stipes who got "WYLB"? (And everyone uses CGI now, anyway...)

I recall them not having enough time to construct a physical model of the Dauntless for "Hope and Fear", and "Equinox" would've had even less time to come up with a design for the ship in question, I'm guessing, as scripts were coming in late all last season.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps