Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Excelsior Class Shuttlebay (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Excelsior Class Shuttlebay
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a TNG ep shown here recently (it might have been "True Q"?), there was a good shot of the back of the E-D, and there were no numbers on the doors...

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

Excalibur
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry but the Excelsior has 1 shuttlebay, between the impulse engines. This is seen in the master situation monitor used on star trek generations. The thing on the opposite side of the deflector are torpedo launchers and i don't think that a shuttle would want to land there.

And Voyager aint big enough to have more than one shuttle bay. And if it had 2, where the heck is the other one?!

------------------
"Walk softly and carry a big stick"-Theodore Roosevelt

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the Excelsior has a shuttlebay between the impulse engines, it must be pretty damned skinny, since the impulse engines are right up against one another...

------------------
"I KNOW I'm dense..."
-a certain anonymous administrator

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he means right under the impuls engines. And I agree with this location.

BTW: Where else could you place a shuttlebay on the Centaur???

------------------
"Those that can, do. Those that can't, laugh at those who can do."

- Xander from 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it doesn't carry shuttles.

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All ships carry shuttles. Even the tiny Defiant has what, three?

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

About the Centaur... Couldn't they go in its poor excuse for a secondary hull? Either that, or could some of those protrusions on the underside of the saucer be little one-shuttle shuttlebays?

------------------
"I prefer much more diplomatic ways of pissing people off."

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh...I dont see why every single ship must have shuttles. I just meant that maybe the Centaur has no shuttle bay...perhaps there is a small "shuttle launcher tube" or something

I always assumed those bumps on the hull were for phasers or something.

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

ZeR0
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shipmaster: There's no basis on that, it's just a stupid assumption on your part.

ZeR0

ssabmud

------------------
Hump Caddy Doo

IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No it isn't. There are two shuttle "bomb bays" and the middle one. There are probably at least three shuttles, then.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Megatron: "Waspinator, salvage Inferno."
Waspinator: "Inferno blow up, Waspinator must salvage. Waspinator blow up, nobody salvage. Why universe hate Waspinator?"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excalibur: If you hadn't mentioned "Generations" I would think you're talking about the Sovereign and not of the Excelsior.

I also think that every starship carries shuttles. The only appropriate place for a shuttlebay on the Centaur would be the rear end of the photon torpedo launcher. Keep in mind it's not the same size as the Miranda launcher, but a lot bigger.

------------------
Early bird catches the gagh. (The Doctor to B'Elanna at 06:00, "Drone")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*has a bad feeling about this Zero dude*

Especially when his .sig says dumb*ss backwords

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Frank: I think he/she/it meant the assumption that all ships have shuttlebays, not the fact that the Def. has three shuttles...

Zero: Nice run-on sentence. Let us know when you've got something intelligent to say...

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Oh, and before someone points out that my complaint about the run-on is, in fact, a fragment, I would point out that I was aware of that when I wrote it. But I wasn't tossing unwarranted insults at the time, so it's okay... :-)

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps