Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ultimate Ship List Postings (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Ultimate Ship List Postings
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't "akira" the Japanese word for "intelligent" or "smart?"

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, but it is a valid Japanese name. That's my English teacher's son's name.
My mom might know what it means. She learned Japanese a few years ago.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's my list. It took me a little bit to make it. It's got some little divider pics and a UFP logo at the top, just to make it look a little better.

You can access my list here

------------------
Starfleet Corps of Engineers-Spacecraft Division
www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9266

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."
-Darth Vader, Return of the Jedi
"Everything is proceeding as I have forseen."
-Emperor Palpatine, Return of the Jedi

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*always assumed "Akira" was a female name* Oops...

Anyway, even if it is a valid name, why wouldn't City of New Orleans be? Apparently it was a valid enough name for a train...

------------------
"I KNOW I'm dense..."
-a certain anonymous administrator

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because there isn't any evidence for it. Because injokes aren't meant to be canon. Because, despite what a blowup of the MSD in the TNG tech. manual might say, within the context of the series there isn't a hamster on a wheel in main engineering.

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there's no reason (except for Frank) to believe that it can't be the name, and I like it, so I'm accepting it...

------------------
"I KNOW I'm dense..."

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hereby delcare there is a ship called the USS Frank Gerratana.

There's no reason to not believe this, so it must be true. :P

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Robot: "Hey, I'm stuck up here!"
Cyclonus: "Everybody's got to be somewhere."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Of course there's a reason not to believe it. You said it... ;-)

------------------
"I KNOW I'm dense..."

[This message was edited by TSN on April 11, 1999.]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*bludgeons Tim*

Same to you.

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Okay, I've updated again. I added the Gander from "Penumbra", added the Bozeman from ST7 and ST8 (which, for some reason, I didn't add after figuring out that it wasn't the same as the one in "Cause and Effect", but a discussion at Sternbach's newsgroup reminded me), and changed the spelling of "Brittain", which I had as "Brattain" for some odd reason... :-)

Here's the link again, so you don't have to scroll back up to the top...

------------------
"I KNOW I'm dense..."

CaptSershek
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ,also, have been maintaining a ship list. Mine is in a Filemaker Pro 4 for macinotsh database with canon and conjectural pictures (I hate blank info). My ship names I got from a variety of sources including Joe Crieghton's site, Frank's ship site, Bernd's ship site and I have only a couple of my own ships because I'm running a Star Trek club. The images are from Lazaro Rojas' ship site and I try to update him on the more canon ships. I would be more than happy to share my database and exchange info with anyone who can further give me info and vice versa. Looking forward to the exchange.

------------------
Remember when we used to be explorers? - Capt. Jean-Luc Picard - Star Trek Insurrection

IP: Logged
Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enlightenment please? A second USS Bozeman?

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

The original could've been turned into a Miranda...actually, the same could have gone for all the Soyuzes (did we ever find out the plural of that, BTW?).

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, seeing as where you people want to know about the Bozeman, and Soyuz-class ships, I have a novel that explains it. *ducks to avoid getting hit on all fronts from the militant canon crowd*
In the novel Ship of the Line, which I must say was very good, Captain Bateson explains the Soyuz-class to Admiral Kirk. He says that Starfleet took 4 Reliant-class frigates and refitted them with more weaponry, more cargo bays, and those sensor pods. Starfleet refitted them for use as border cutters along the Neutral Zone. The Bozeman's assigned route was the Fries-Posnikoff Sector. So, after the Bozeman came through time, Bateson had her permenantly docked at Starbase 12, and all the weapons, engines, and most of the internal systems were taken out so it could be converted into a museum. After the little incident with Kozara and his crew on the Enterprise and after Bateson, Riker, Scotty, Bateson's crew, and some rescued POW's saved the Cardassians, Bateson and his crew were assigned to Starfleet's newest destroyer, the U.S.S. Bozeman II NCC-1941-A,(don't ask about the II after the name, Picard named it) formerly the U.S.S. Roderick, and they assisted in task forces in Generations, and First Contact. There. I hope you people are more informed, and I hope you people wont go hunt me down and kill me for posting something here that's not canon.

------------------
Starfleet Corps of Engineers-Spacecraft Division
www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9266

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."
-Darth Vader, Return of the Jedi
"Everything is proceeding as I have forseen."
-Emperor Palpatine, Return of the Jedi

[This message was edited by Fabrux on April 12, 1999.]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

...which still makes it a different ship than the original Bozeman...

And, for that matter, I can't imagine that the Bozeman was missing for 90 years, and SF never reused the name...

------------------
"I KNOW I'm dense..."

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps