Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Your favorite Starships

Author Topic: Your favorite Starships
Jamaharon
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a different favorite ship post. This one isn't limited by ship class or race. Simply, your favorite ships by name. Each ship has a different perosnality. There's something unique about each one. Tell why you like each ship. U'd like to see what comes from this post.

------------------
Jamaharon
(aka Chris Weyer)
"Welcome to Risa. May I offer you assistance?"

[This message was edited by Jamaharon on April 06, 1999.]

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like USS Valkyrie, just because of its name... :-)

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

Enterprise
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Enterprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have several favorite ships:

1 - 6 Starships named Enterprise, because I've grown up on them, and they kick butt.
7 The USS Sovereign (NX-74222), I'm not sure why I like this one, I just do.

------------------
Brandon "Enterprise" Grasmick
Commanding Officer, USS Sovereign (NX-74222)

"Captain, the Sona crew are willing to negotiate a cease fire. It may have something to do with the fact that we have 3 minutes of air left."
-- Worf

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
-- In time of war the law falls silent.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
U.S.S. Thunderchild. Perhaps because the word "Thunderchild" refers to the movie Akira, hence the Akira Class.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have not seen Akira but the "Thunderchild" name is also a reference to War of The Worlds.

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, but well, when the name Thunderchild popped up, I thought it was referring to Tetsuo Shima, the guinea pig of the Akira experiment which gave him extroardinary powers.......

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To elaborate on Galen's post, the HMS Thunderchild provided some of the last military resistance to the Martian war machines.

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

Yes, the Thunderchild was a Royal Navy Ironclad that destroyed one of the war machines before being sunk by direct hits from the heat ray.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

U.S. Buttkicker
Not real ship but I like the name Buttkicker.

------------------
I did'nt do it.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps