Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Klingon Escape Pods

Author Topic: Klingon Escape Pods
Voyager
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought that Klingon ships didn't have escape pods. It was also a fact that Klingons thought it was glorious to die in battle. Doesn't this go against their saying "Today is a good day to die."

------------------
One silly, twice foolish. -Dr. Weaver, ER

IP: Logged
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a differene between dying a glorious death in combat, and dying when your ship explodes after you mess up some wires or something

So, simply dying when your ship gets destroyed isn't necessarily an honorable death.

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cheghchu' jajvam jaj QaQ! *assumes that is the correct transliteration from Klingon, despite the way the closed-captioning and encyclopedia spell it*

Anyway, if the enemy defeats you, you probably should go down w/ the ship, or you'd be considered a coward for running away. However, if you've defeated the enemy, but your ship is still about to blow up, you can probably escape so you can go back and write songs about your fallen comrades, or something... :-)

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's also the Klingon proverb about a battle never being over until the warrior breathes his last. I assume there is honor in living so that you may continue the attack, rather than staying onboard your ship when you don't have to, which could be considered a form of surrender and hence dishonorable.

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Klingon escape pods and the Karaga. Twelve seems awfully few for a K'Vort class. "We're sorry only officer's are allowed to escape. We'll see the rest of you in Sto-Vo-Kor."

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps