Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » USS Constellation - Yeager Class (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: USS Constellation - Yeager Class
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the DS9 ep I saw yesterday (don't know the name) Odo mentioned the USS Constellation.

The Constellation and the Defiant was supposed to look for Sisko, who was on the USS Honshu, wich had been attacked by Cardies.

In the first scene, you see a Yeager class (UGLY!!) and the Defiant docked at DS9. So, if the Const. and the D where the only ships there, as I think Odo said, the Yeager I saw must have been the USS Constellation.

(It's the latest ep i've seen, so I don't know if there have been any topics abut this before)

------------------
So small,
so innocent,
so young,
so delicately done,
grown up in your poison.

"Little Baby Swastikkka"
-Skunk Anansie

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your explanation sounds good to me, Prakesh. It does seem unappropriate to give a distinguished name like Constellation to a crappy Yeager though. Even so, I'd be highly surprised if the prototype Constellation was still in one piece.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, Tears of the Prophets)
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's wrong with the Yeager? I think it looks pretty nifty

------------------
Chris's Home Page
The Psi Corps is your friend. Trust the Corps.

Delta Vega
Member # 283

- posted      Profile for Delta Vega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*agrees with Fabrux*

------------------
Attempting to solve the mysteries of starships.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not going to be surprised if it turns out to be a Yeager Class, I mean remember the Excelsior Class USS Farragut?

------------------
Show me the meaning of being lonely
Is this the feeling, I need to walk in
Tell me why I can't be there where you are
There's something missing in my heart

-Backstreet Boys

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Delta Vega: It's about time I found someone who likes the Yeager!

------------------
Chris's Home Page

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's fine...if you like kitbashes that look like cat puke.

------------------
I bet when Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't the Constellation also mentioned in an earlier DS9 ep? I seem to recall that the encyclopedia claims that it's the original Constellation-class one. Of course, if we could find evidence that a Yeager was around in that ep, too, we might have something...

------------------
"The Earl of Sandwich invented the sandwich. Samuel Morse invented the Morse Code. Plato invented the plate."
-Holly, Red Dwarf: "Parallel Universe"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to be a spoilsport or anything, but even if there was a given ship at DS9 at the beginning of the show, what is to say that she was available later in the show? Perhaps she sped in the opposite direction soon thereafter, or had strict orders not to abandon DS9?

And yes, I'd like give the name Constellation to a bit larger ship, too. And take it away from the old Constellation-class tub as soon as possible - that ship no longer is worthy of it! In fact, I'd postulate a Nebula-class Constellation from the 2350s onwards (although not a preceding Ambassador or Excelsior - the old NCC-1974 should soldier on to mid-24th century so that the Stargazer wouldn't look so outdated and out-of-place).

Timo Saloniemi

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the Yeager class! To me it ranks as high as the Miranda Class when it comes to kitbashes.

------------------
"Reality is a condition that occurs because of a lack of alcohol."
- Albert Einstein

(-=\V/=-)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timo: Immediately after the shot of the Yeager and the Defiant at DS9, Odo said that the Constellation and the D where the only ships.

PS I don't think the 'real' Yeager has a Maquis-but, but some pre-Intrepid folding nacelle pylons, wich explains the wings.

------------------
So small,
so innocent,
so young,
so delicately done,
grown up in your poison.

"Little Baby Swastikkka"
-Skunk Anansie

[This message has been edited by Prakesh (edited January 14, 2000).]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Altair: Miranda Class- NOT a kitbash!! A kitbash is a modeling term that describes a ship made of prexisting ship parts. The Miranda had a custum built saucer and Nacelles that resmebled the constitution class but that were also custum built. They would have had to have been seeing as the struts attach to the top and not the bottom of the nacelles like the Const. Class'.

The Yeager Class MODEL is a kitbash. It was constructed from a Voyager model's saucer and nacelles and a Maquis raider. I do agree with Prekesh though that if we were to examine the 'real' Yeager up close we would find that it is quite different from the model. When and if I can get ahold of another Voy and Maquis model, I'm going to incorporate a deflector under the saucer and some other minor modifications to differentiate the engineering hull from the Maquis raider.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're mixing our meanings of Kitbash here peoples, kitbash is the name for how they made the model - but irrespective of that - in the real world - i.e. the Star Trek one They would just stick parts together like that - ok the might but SOME thought and there must be SOME reason for them to do it...

Who is to say that in the Star Trek universe someone just went hey I know lets stick the nacelles on the bottom of the saucer section with out a bulky engineering section!?!

YEAH GREAT IDEA! One problem - deflector and torpedo problems.

I already thought of that - just at a rollbar here and some deflector nodules here... and Surak's your uncle.

------------------
"All the lonely people, where do they all come from" - Eleanor Rigby, The Beatles.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Aban: No need to add a deflector. The Intrepid saucer already has one.

------------------
Chris's Home Page

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.