Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Sector 001 Battle (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Sector 001 Battle
Trip Tucker
Member # 297

- posted      Profile for Trip Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that the Romulans fought alongside the Federation in the Dominion War, could we maybe see the Neutral Zone being abolished? I wonder if the Romulan treaty will hold..I'd love to see more Federation ships with cloaking devices!
------------------------
Are you in love with me, Ensign?
-Seven of Nine to Harry Kim

warbird5
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nx how did that thread get in there?

At wolf 359 the fleet probably fought for more than an hour maybe even two before getting oblieterated

IP: Logged
Trip Tucker
Member # 297

- posted      Profile for Trip Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno, just thinking out loud I guess. The subject of the Neutral Zone came up and I thought that maybe it might not be so "forbidden" anymore, since the Romulans have made peace with the Federation.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the...when did we switch from First Contact? Oh, this is so confusing.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I got carried away. However I think the points I made in BoBW is similar to ST:FC since the Borg cube can travel very fast. However the Sovereign Class is also very fast as well. So the Enterprise could have catched up while the rest of the fleet were slowing the cube down.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many ST-novels and/or short stories have dealt with Wolf 359? Have any of them spoken of the chronology of events, even non-canon? I would like to know if SF had waves and attack-wings.
I mean, since they knew the borg were coming they must've made some sort of formation or something.

Also I've heard there was some ship(s) that survived by retreating or something. I wonder which ship held out the longest...

------------------
Somehow we're going somewhere.

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At BoBW only one ship survived the encounter. The USS Endeavor Nebula Class ship commanded by Capt.Amasov. However we do not know how they survived.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
::sigh:: Of course you ask anyone else that and they'll tell you it was the Cheyenne-class USS Ahwahnee which was the original survivor.

------------------
"...and if frogs could fly; well we'd still have this problem, but wouldn't it be cool?" - Drew Carey
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks...I think.

------------------
Somehow we're going somewhere.

Delta Vega
Member # 283

- posted      Profile for Delta Vega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Ahwahnee was salvaged after the battle.

------------------
Attempting to solve the mysteries of starships.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Encyclopedia III claims the Endeavour got away from 359 since it's captain had a log on the Borg and was still alive. Unfortunatly, in the spidoe "Scorpion", where this info was all mentioned, Wolf 359 was never mentioned at all. It is possible that the USS Endeavour merely had a single incident with the Borg, similar to the USS Tombaugh, USS Excalibur, and SS Raven.

As for the USS Ahwahnee, it's assumed to have survived since we know the USS Ahwahnee NCC-73620 model was part of the wreckage, but in "Redemption", a screen showing the ships in Picard's fleet listed the USS Ahwahnee NCC-71620. It's assumed (and possibly confirmed) that they thought the original registry was too high and lowered it. Therefore, it's assumed she survived. It's most likely that she was damaged and her crew killed (or escaped), and was repaired and recommissioned.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or maybe the Ahwahnee in "Redemption" was an entirely new ship.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
John Linnell: "This song is called...it's called..."
Audience: "Louisiana! Montana!"
John Linnell: Don't tell me what it's called..."

[This message has been edited by The Shadow (edited January 30, 2000).]

warbird5
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
was there any klingon ships at wolf 359 as Utopia plantia had claimed?

i remember they said there were 40 federation ships and 2 klingon BOPs

[This message has been edited by warbird5 (edited January 30, 2000).]

IP: Logged
nx001a
Member # 291

If the USS Ahwahnee had the same registry not including adding a letter to the end of it then it seems likely that it had survived. However the episode scorpion did not mention that capt.amasov ship survived since for all we know he could have got away on a escape pod like a benjamin sisko. However, for clarity sake i think the endeavor survived the battle but not the Ahwahnee.

------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, for clarities sake, the Endeavour was NOT at Wolf 359. "Scorpion" never mentioned when or where the Endeavour met the Borg, if at all. Therefore, as far as we know, Endeavour was not at Wolf 359.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.