Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Blue Alert (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Blue Alert
Voyager
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is the best explenation of the alert system.

Yellow Alert- Possible Danger and or threat to the ship and its crew.

Red Alert- Imminent Danger or threat to the ship and its crew.

Condition Blue- Used in cases where ships systems are comprimised (an internal security threat), and/or a notice to secure all work stations

TNG "Brothers"- Data created an artificial problem with the life support that triggered condition blue.

TNG "The Hunted"- Condition Blue was activated when Roga Danar escaped from the brig, the condition blue, no doubt alerted the crew to secure all stations and alert security of an intrenal threat.

VOY "Message in a Bottle"- The Prometheus seperating was never actually classified as Condition Blue or Blue Alert. Blue lights just flashed, supposedly to allow the crew to know the ship is seperating and to secure their stations.

VOY Landing- The Blue lights are an indicator to the crew that the ship is entering an atmosphere to land, as seen in several episodes. This could presumably mean that the crew is to man and secure their stations.

------------------
One silly, twice foolish. -Dr. Weaver, ER

[This message was edited by Voyager on April 03, 1999.]

IP: Logged
Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janeway did say "Blue Alert" in "The 37s."

Idon't think that Green Alert had any moving lines.

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, well then which way do the lines move during perriwinkle alert?

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And plaid! What about plaid alert?

Do they play bagpipes over the ship's intercom and the replicators only serve haggis and single malt Scotch?

------------------
COMPONENT EQUIVALENCY NOTICE:
The Subatomic Particles(Electrons, Protons, etc.) Comprising This Product Are Exactly the Same in Every Measurable Respect as Those Used in the Products of Other Manufacturers, and No Claim to the Contrary May Legitimately Be Expressed or Implied.

Captain Stark
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for Captain Stark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rimmer: Lets step up to Red Alert.

Kryten: Are you certain sir? It would require changing the bulb.

On a serious note remember that in the TOS Episode: The Conscience of the King we had a Double Red Alert.

------------------
-=/\=-
Captain Stark
http://members.aol.com/captaincks/readyroom.html

"The man on the top walks a lonely path. The chain of command is often a noose." Dr. Leonard McCoy --Obsession, Stardate: 3619.2

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? Is there an echo in here?

------------------
"I'm sorry I'm late....
I've been irrigating the desert...
Which isn't easy on your own."
- M&W

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the green alert for?

------------------
There's a lady who knows, all that glitters is gold...and she's buying a stairway to heaven. -Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't condition green mean that everything is hunky dorey?

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep...

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except in "Bread and Circuses" where Kirk used it as a code phrase meaning "we're in trouble but can't talk but I'm sending this so the baddies will think I'm saying everything's all right."

exact words: "Condition green, all's well, Kirk out."

Betcha thought I wouldn't remember that...

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Captain Stark
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for Captain Stark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DOH!!!! Sorry Montgomery. In my attempt to speed read I must have skipped past your post. GMTA eh?

I guess I should mention that a phaser on overload is why Kirk had called for the Double Red Alert in that episode.

Turn in next time when my next great blunder will be.......

------------------
-=/\=-
Captain Stark
http://members.aol.com/captaincks/readyroom.html

"The man on the top walks a lonely path. The chain of command is often a noose." Dr. Leonard McCoy --Obsession, Stardate: 3619.2

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Siegfried: Well, that was a special code used to tell the ship he'd been captured, but they shouldn't interfere (IIRC). But when the ship's condition is green, it means things are normal. Since "condition red" and "red alert" are equivalent, I suppose you could call it "green alert", but that would be a little inaccurate, seeing as it isn't really an "alert"...

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

USS Cow
Ex-Member

Green Alert is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Just one more brilliant example of Starfleet not listening to age-old wisdom:

K.I.S.S.
"Keep It Simple, Stupid!"

------------------
"You dare question my orders? That would be...foolish."
-Weyoun

Soon, the Federation will give in to the Cows and all starships will take on the black & white color scheme...

USS Cow
Ex-Member

Crap. I double-clicked the Submit button. Time to contact W3C and get the spec on forms updated...
(for all you web designers out there.)

[This message was edited by USS Cow on April 11, 1999.]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps