Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » I have waited.. um.. five years for this day... ($-Penumbra) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I have waited.. um.. five years for this day... ($-Penumbra)
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breen Ship!!!!

From STI:

Some shots from a weird angle... 1 and 2.

------------------
"......"
             -The Breen at Internment Camp 371

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those Breen's make pretty cool ships
But it actually looks as if it was put together with junk parts

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grown Cujo.. grown.... We've known Breen ships to be Biologically-based since Scorpion I. My guess it that she's run into some trouble in the past and the ship is busily regenerating itself on the ends of the nacelles and tail of the main hull.

And it doesn't look like an Onion. Suck it, Vorlon .

BTW, I guess we can assume Boussch's ship looked like this

------------------
"......"

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice, doesn't look all that biological though.

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would it necessarily be grown? And perhaps only the inside of the ship is organic/biological or whatever.

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

[This message was edited by DeadCujo on April 05, 1999.]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Cujo: Good Point. But I won't have you going around calling it a hunk of junk...

------------------
"......"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had forgotten about the biological aspect of breen ships, did the PTB remember?

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THAT ship does not look bio-organic at ALL... It's far too bulky to be organic, and I think I se hull plates, etc, not skin on the hull. I'd gladly take a Vorlon GARLIC ship over that any day. (Suck it, Tom). =P

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose I'm holding out on seeing a biological interior now...

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the bussard collectors look like lemon lime icy-poles

also, didn't they give the Ferengi Warp drive - I would have assumed some similarity between the Ferengi ships and the Breen ships, but of course not!

Also, why couldn't we see some Ferengi D'Kora class ships in the last episodes? huh?

*sigh*

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

'nother thought - are these breen ships going to suffer the same murky appearance as other CGI based ships? i.e. those ships that have never originated from a physical model - those look the most fake - case point Annorax's time ship...

where as CGI ships that have already been physical models, look fabulous in CGI case point - the Nebula class Honshu

------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Andrew: I haven't found that to be a problem. The Akira is certainly beautiful (though that may be because of its Motion Picture birth).

Actually, it is quite likely that the ship was not designed to look organic, as the Encyclopedia is generally the only reference TPTB use when designing ships. Thanks to its publication date, it has nothing about Breen bioships. However, in Scorpion, everyone did seem pretty impressed with the 8472 bioship, so while Tuvok pointed out that the Breen had something similar, the biological intricacy of Breen ships is probably quite basic in comparison.

------------------
"......"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, while Tom and Adam are sucking each other... *ducks to avoid being smitten on two fronts*

Anyway, my guess is that the ships are either biological w/ a regularly-built "exoskeleton", if you will, or maybe they have a biological computer system, but everything else is artificial (like a highly advanced form of Voyager's neuro-gel packs).

BTW, what do you suppose those things are w/ the big rectangular holes in the front? Shuttlebays, maybe? Some sort of really huge torp launchers? (*doubts it, though*)

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

BTW, the interior doesn't look much like the interior of the 8472-mobile...
http://members.xoom.com/borg7ofnine/567/images/ds9567-140.JPG

------------------
"......"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Tim: Carbeuretors?

------------------
"......"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps