Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Wolf 359 - the next round (Page 11)

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: Wolf 359 - the next round
D-S
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Grapeape: Just reread your post about the Niagara and the saucer being 2 galaxy saucer halfs. I think your right, but, Ithink the 2 halfs have been placed side to side so that the saucer is longer than wider. The 4 big cut outs look too angular to be classed as damage ,unles Borg cutting weapons include Jig saws or Circular saws. They would be where the Impulse units were and widened to the saucer's edge. The other smaller cutouts would be where the RCS quads should be.

Then again I havn't got a model kit to look at and I don't know if there would be any Escape pods or windows visible.

IP: Logged
D-S
Ex-Member

I started a new page. HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Sorry!

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, that's a very good idea! (The sideways saucer halves, if not the starting of page seven... )

If we do assume two Galaxy saucer aft halves, then the saucer would be symmetric again and not off kilt wrt the rest of the ship. It is just the bridge superstructure that is at an odd angle (or in too deep shadows on the starboard side for its shape to be correctly determined).

And the secondary hull could well be a big Constitution hull, just camouflaged a bit.

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re that pic link - I THINK - that the bigger 'blob' is the remnants of the Sara. and below the white 'bar'/nacelle whatever - in the lower left corner is the Excelsior...

------------------
"What a wonderful and amazing scheme have we here of the magnificent vastness of the Universe! So many Suns, so many Earths...!" - Christian Huygens, New Conjectures Concerning the Planetary Worlds, Their Inhabitants and Productions (ca 1670)

[This message has been edited by AndrewR (edited February 23, 2000).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew: The paragraph is referring to the scene in which the Saratoga explodes. That is, from when the escape pod ejects, to after Sisko watches the explosion. There aren't any other ships in the scene.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"We were leaving New York this morning and we were checking in at the gate at the airport and the attendant said, 'You must be musicians,' and I said, 'Yes,' and she asked, 'What's the name of your band?,' and I said, 'We're called the Statesmen,' and she said, 'Oh, I've heard of you!'. I think if we'd said, you know, 'We're the Green Egg,' or something, she would have said the same thing." - John Linnell

Captain Stark
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for Captain Stark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh boy. I haven't been able to keep up. When this debate is almost done can someone post a page with graphics pointing to the different ships of what we have confirmed and what we are still guessing on?

Thanks

------------------
-=/\=-
Captain Stark
http://beam.to/readyroom

"The man on the top walks a lonely path. The chain of command is often a noose." Dr. Leonard McCoy --Obsession, Stardate: 3619.2

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Such a site is actually what started this thread in the first place.

------------------
"You are stupid and evil and do not know you are stupid and evil."
--
Gene Ray, Cubic

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And it's Bernd's site that begun it all. It's at: http://www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/
Go to the Wolf 359 page.

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

kiltedbear
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for kiltedbear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this is one design idea that I have heard
batted around the Internet for the Apollo
class starships: New Orleans-class (sans pods
on dorsal surface of saucer) saucer section
attached to scaled-down version of
Galaxy-class drive section (same connecting
dorsal, same engineering hull, same nacelle
support pylon structure, just scaled down)
with Cheyenne-class warp nacelles instead of
of Galaxy class nacelles. Categorically
speaking, this ship would probably be a light
cruiser.

------------------
I do what the voices in my head tell me to do

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, there's absolutely no evidence supporting that design.

Plus, it's not even a good design logically, because the Apollo's are all in the NCC-1xxxx range.

------------------
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well that registry would make it a prime candidate for a excelsior study model/early ambassador

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Copernicus
Ex-Member

The Wolf359 page at the Copernicus Ship Yards is online.
-New and more screencaps (from LaserDisc)
-Ship reconstruction page.
-Scene analysis.

Enter at: http://www.FleetYard.com

-Chris

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

'pernicus! Ah HA! Somebody who I can contact about the CSY site... your slogan "if we can't build it..." you've spelt "nobody" as "nowbody"

OK - and I like that front page... can you loose the 'spacedock' it sorta looks out of place - but that is just my opinion...

I LURVE your 'logo' though...

Andrew

------------------
"Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love." - Stand Inside Your Love, The Smashing Pumpkins

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris - I just visited the CSY site and am still hyperventilating. How did you clean up all the screencaps to such clarity?

Just wanted to ask, do you think the Niagara screencap really is a bottom view, or was that a typo? Plus, the picture seems to show more clearly than before what is shadow and what is charring on that ship, and it does look as if the bridge superstructure is off kilt wrt the rest of the ship. Seems really weird. How could such damage (to the model, let alone the supposed ship) take place?

Timo Saloniemi

Timo
Member # 245

Another thing about CSY: the reconstruction of the Nebula study model seems plausible yet quite radically different from the other model, let alone from the final photographic model. Here's a suggestion: perhaps this ship should be the Rigel class USS Tolstoy?

We know there was no real Tolstoy built for the episode. We also know the Rigels are supposed to have NCCs in the 62000 range. And we "know" that USS Melbourne was actually an Excelsior class ship. So why not use this clearly Nebula-related and thus justifiably 62000-registered, yet still externally quite distinct ship model as our Rigel, and forget all about it being named the Melbourne?

The name is probably utterly unreadable, considering the severe damage to the primary hull. And what little might remain of the registry would match both the Tolstoy and the Melbourne - both have NCC-620XX, and even the XX=43 and XX=95 look extremely similar from a distance!

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  24  25  26   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps