Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Wolf 359 - the next round (Page 12)

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: Wolf 359 - the next round
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Chris (or should I call you Nikolaus?)

Great job on your website!

------------------
"A few more calculations"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Timo: While I'd love to fix the Excelsior/Nebula problem on the Melbie, how do you explain Shelby's comment that it ws there? Should we assume it was offscreen to us, but she could just barely see it from her angle?

------------------
Homer: "I can see what's happening. They did it to Jesus, and now they're doing it to me."
Marge: "Are you comparing yourself to our lord?!"
Homer: "Well, in bowling ability..."
-The Simpsons

Copernicus
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Timo - Both models of the Nebula are about 90% the same, the only real difference is the position of the "mini"-warpnacelles.
I made a little kitbash with a ERTL 1/1400 E-D to test the arrangement of the reconstruction. From the same angle it looks like Miarecki's model.

BTW: You're right the Niagara screencap is a top view (was just a little typo).

-Chris

IP: Logged
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the big question is "Where did Shelby see the Excelsior class USS Melbourne in BoBW when there was no Excelsior in the entire episode?", then I think there can be four answers:

1) She sees her just off screen from us, or peeking from behind a doreground ship, thanks to the 3D nature of the main screen (as you suggest, and I think this is the best answer). Shelby should have a better view than we do on the upper edge of the screen, and possibly also beyond the big saucer wreckage on the left foreground.

2) She sees the remains of the unidentifiable saucer on the foreground (never mind that they were Constitution in origin - in their current state, they could just as well be coming from an Excelsior, or from Battlestar Galactica!), and somehow realizes this was the Melbourne.

3) One of the ships in the distance is in fact an Excelsior, and Shelby has better eyesight than we do.

4) Shelby makes a mistake, and identifies a ship not of Excelsior class as the Melbourne.

In any case, now that we know how impossible it is to prove that the Nebula study model was the original Melbourne (because that model is so badly wrecked), every effort should be made to support the Excelsior alternative.

Timo Saloniemi

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering, didn�t Okuda say that he saved the pics of the models from Wolf 359 for a possible future book? Can�t we do something about this book? Like e-mailing the publisher or something. I would love to see such a book.

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the explanation with the 3D screen.

------------------
"A few more calculations"

Akula
Member # 319

- posted      Profile for Akula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well after wondering through your message board and site's this what I think the the ships look like.

Rigel-At the slide shows Mike said that the Rigel looked like a Galaxy class saucer with 3 warp nacelles
and a Enterprise Refit secondary hull.I think that in his lateist interview he forgot about this because he did say that "I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm not remembering correctly. I don't have my notes here at the moment".However I hope he right about it not being on screen because that design would create some timeline problems.

Challenger-At the shows I think Mike was talking about the ship from ST6 not from BoBW2 and the ship in BoBW2 was in fact a modifided Galaxy with vertical warp nacelles.

Freedom-Same as one in FF

Apollo-Same as T-pau

Niagra-Same as one in FF

Springfield-Galaxy class saucer section with nacelles below hull

Cheyenne-No lower hull

Melbourne-same design as one in ready room

New Orleans-Nothing to add

Saucer warp engine ship from Embasary-Constellation saucer and 2 small warp nacelles.

Others in battle
3 execlsor variants
1 Enterprise variant
1 enterprise refit rear hull

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Firstly I want to introduce myself. My name is Patrick Kovacs, I'm 18 years old and from Austria. At the moment I'm student on a commercial academy. I'm interrested in Star Trek especially in Star Fleet-Ships. To this theme I have many questions, and I hope to get some answers here. As English isn't my mother tongue, I will make some mistakes (please tolerate this).

Where can I get the TNG Companion ship list?

What's the name and registry of this 4-nacelled Nebula-model?

Last year I was on the Star Trek World Tour in Vienna. There I saw a plaque, which gives some ships of the battle:

U.S.S. Roosevelt
U.S.S. Klondike
U.S.S. Esteban
U.S.S. Watley
U.S.S. Volga
U.S.S. Tokyo
U.S.S. Everest
U.S.S. Maxwell
U.S.S. Gauss
U.S.S. Neptune
U.S.S. Vega
U.S.S. Pioneer
U.S.S. Nepal
U.S.S. Popovich
U.S.S. Falcon
U.S.S. Gemini
U.S.S. Vandenberg
U.S.S. Pueblo
U.S.S. Zetar
U.S.S. Peking
U.S.S. Beagle
U.S.S. Brahms
U.S.S. Rixx
U.S.S. Solaris
U.S.S. Khumbu
U.S.S. Shimoda
U.S.S. Marco Polo

Unfortunately no registry or class was given. Has anybody further information?

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

[This message has been edited by Fitz (edited March 17, 2000).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I for one haven't heard of 90% of those ships.... This is truly a find!

------------------
"Yes. I have seventeen brains! And eleven legs. And a pecan."
-Frank Gerratana, March 3, 2000

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One more thing: Which battle are these ships from, anyways?

------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are from the Battle of Wolf 359. I've taken this ships from the World Tour. So I think they are official. The Roosevelt was mentioned in Voyager.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fitz (edited March 17, 2000).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Awesome! *adds ships to list*

------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

Can you mail me your list?

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

My [canon] list is on my webpage. My [non-canon] list is 132 pages long...

------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The choice of names is rather odd if you ask me.

USS Esteban? USS Rixx? USS Maxwell? These are all Starfleet Captains. Two of which were still alive when the battle took place.

Brahms? Watley? More people who already existed.

Everest and Nepal both (Mt. Everest is in Nepal)

Vega, Zetar, Solaris, and Gemini, stars/constellations

It should be pretty obvious, but just in case, I am going to say it. These guys totally pulled these out of nowhere, but added some Trek Tidbits.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  24  25  26   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps