Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Wolf 359 - the next round (Page 14)

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: Wolf 359 - the next round
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The plaque was in the Controll-Center, before you enter the Transporter-room of the E-D.

Can anyone tell me, what the plaque of this four-nacelled Nebula says?

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

[This message has been edited by Fitz (edited March 20, 2000).]

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Popovich? I hope there is a famous scientist or something with this name. I don't see why the coach of the San Antonio Spurs should get a starship.

------------------
"Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder!" -Garak

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SUMMARY (some IMOs)

Classes seen:

New Orleans, no doubt

Cheyenne, no doubt

*NO* Rigel Class, there was never a model made for this one

Challenger Class, probably the 'Niagara':

quote:
Description from Okuda:
"A scaled-down Galaxy-shaped saucer, and two warp nacelles, one above and the other below the engineering hull". - "The Buran was the above-and-below model that I had thought was the Chekov. I don't recall what Ed's original version of the Buran was, but I added the submarine parts and glued on the engines, although it looks like Ed assembled the engines. I thought it was a clever idea, but it ended up looking like a lollipop. Maybe Ed's version was a single nacelle, and I added the second." [note: O says he doesn't remember if Ed's model was a single-nac'er. I think Ed's Challenger was a two-naceller, O attached the *third* nacelle (the Galaxy one, so the two markerpen-nac's are original]

Excelsior Study 1

Excelsior Study 2

Excelsior Study 3, the four naceller from a few posts back. If you want pics please mention it

Nebula Study 2

Freedom Class, no doubt

Enterprise Study 1, no doubt

Note: Some starship models, including the Mars Defense ships and the Soliton Wave Rider (wich are the same) are built with a Revell Typhoon Class Russian submarine. Mail me for the schematics!

------------------
"When You're Up to Your Ass in Alligators, Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
-- Management slogan, Ridcully-style (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent, Discworld)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prakesh's Star Trek Site

jh
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Copernicus. It looks like the screen shot you've got compared to the Excelsior II Study Model is more like the above or below view of the Challenger model you show and that Okuda describes. Mightn't that be the Buran?

Remember how wide Galaxy's ass is. It looks more what it would look like with its nacels moved than it does like any of the Excelsior models, even if you do allow for blurring.

------------------
Kiff! I have bedded a woman. Inform the crew.
- Zap Brannigan

IP: Logged
nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder have we covered everything. I read somewhere that there was one or two klingon ships at Worf 359. Is this true?

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

[This message has been edited by nx001a (edited April 12, 2000).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there weren't any in TBoBW or "Emissary". I believe this originated w/ the fact that VOY: "Unity" showed flashback scenes that were supposed to be of Wolf359, and they threw in a couple shots of some BoPs. Though I might be wrong on this...

------------------
"Compared to you, every male on this ship is an expert on women!"
-Geordi LaForge to Wesley Crusher, TNG: "Sarek"

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, in the dialogue in BoBw they referred to klingon ships meeting up. So there would have been klingon ships at wolf 359
Unity? - any pics of that flashback scene

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

nx001a
Member # 291

- posted      Profile for nx001a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the episode unity there was a ktinga class ship being destroyed but i think that was footage taken from ways of the warrior.

------------------
"We set sail on this new sea because their is new knowledge to be gained and new rights to be won" John F Kennedy

members.aol.com/mfwan/index.htm

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stock footage aye, but there was an original shot of a BoP or two being whacked by a Cube.

Besides, I always took it that the 39 ships lost were Federation vessels, without including Klingon losses.

------------------
Devil: Oh look at the time! I'm late for services.
Stone: Services?
Devil: A group of young teenagers that have been celebrating the Black Sabbath are planning on deep-sixing their gym teacher tonight. I'm gonna go and give them a little encouragement.

Brimstone. May it rest in syndication.

Farragut
Ex-Member

Maybe the Klingons had their own Wolf 359 battle in the days post-Wolf 359 with Federation help. That could be a probability since we did not see any Federation ships in the footage.

------------------
"There is only one thing in war, and that is victory" - Farragut

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Battle with who?

------------------
"What did it mean to fly? A tremor in your soul. To resist the dull insistance of gravity."
--
Camper Van Beethoven

Farragut
Ex-Member

Battle with the Borg

------------------
"There is only one thing in war, and that is victory" - Farragut

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few days after Wolf 359, the Borg presence in Federation space consisted of a thin ring of debris circling Earth.

------------------
"What did it mean to fly? A tremor in your soul. To resist the dull insistance of gravity."
--
Camper Van Beethoven

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Combining two YATIs into one rationalization:

Perhaps the Klingons intercepted the putative second cube that was carrying assimilees from the Wolf 359 massacre towards Delta quadrant and an eventual stranding on the "Unity planet"?

Timo Saloniemi

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would fit everything in.

Has there been an official explanation for the stranded Borg in 'Unity'?

------------------
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  24  25  26   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps