Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Wolf 359 - the next round (Page 25)

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26   
Author Topic: Wolf 359 - the next round
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just thought I'd note that the above post is post #359.

------------------
"Lately I've noticed that everyone seems to trust me. It's really quite unnerving. I'm still trying to get used to it."
- Garak, "Empok Nor"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm....What did you do? Reverse the pic on Bernd's site?

That definatly does not look like tape, and is meant to be a pod. That sort of throws everything out of whack. The wedge on top is definatly attached, you can tell that, and there is also some structure below the saucer (not the pod) that you can see. Those pylons for the pod are weird too. I liked the ship before we found this lower pod.

BTW, it would have been even better if I had gotten Post #359...

------------------
"No, 3 & 6 are mandatory, so you only have to do them if you want"

Alex, fellow classmate, trying to explain an assignment (2/2/01)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you look at the picture with the Ahwahnee, it doesn't look like the pod is attached. So, the question is was the pod on the model when it was filmed?

------------------
"Let's make sure history never forgets the name... Enterprise"
- Alternate Picard, "Yesterday's Enterprise"

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited March 11, 2001).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may not be a pod, but rather just a stand for the ship to sit on. Didn't Walter Koenig want to get his hands on this ship after it was used? Maybe they made him a little holder for it, too...

------------------
"...I know this board in secret, intimate ways which are beyond your comprehension.... Let's just say that people should *not* be telling me what to do; it should always be the other way around."
-"Red Quacker", conspiracy theorist and contemporary lunatic

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Why does the holder need a holder (ie. the mug)?

------------------
"Let's make sure history never forgets the name... Enterprise"
- Alternate Picard, "Yesterday's Enterprise"

Fructose
Member # 309

- posted      Profile for Fructose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found the picture at www.fleetyard.com . It's in their reconstruction page. It used to look like Bernd's, but they changed it after the newest picture was released.

P.S. I was just lucky with post #359.

------------------
It doesn't matter if you don't know what you're doing as long as you look good doing it.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fabula: And does a watcher need a watcher?

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they wanted the ship up higher off the table (or whatever), so they could take the picture from a better angle...

------------------
"...I know this board in secret, intimate ways which are beyond your comprehension.... Let's just say that people should *not* be telling me what to do; it should always be the other way around."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you say that there was an Cheyenne version of this 'ship on a mug' picture?

I too think its a stand... but it has that deflector dish look at the front of that 'pod'

If Walter Koening has the model... why doesn't someone ask him for a few snap shots...

------------------
"Yar, a lesbian? That girl had a sex drive! First, Data in Naked Now, then, in
Hide and Q, she hits on Picard! "Oh, if only you weren't the captain..." God! If
Denise Crosby hadn't left the series, she'd've slept with the entire senior staff by
now!" Jeff Kardde - March 7, 2001

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think he has it. He just asked about it. As I recall.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be nice to find out when and from where the pods on the Chekov appeared, and when they disappeared. Ed Miarecki remembered a tidbit not yet posted here: the dorsal pod, the angular light-blue thing, was not there originally, but was probably added by Okuda. Ed didn't remember if the big ventral pod had been put there by him, though.

Okuda in turn hasn't commented on this new picture yet, but given time, he might remember something new.

The screengrabs from "BoBW" would seem to show a Chekov complete with the dorsal angular pod, in the top middle of the viewscreen scene (right above the burning Nebula). The saucer seems to be darkened or cut in half so that the starboard side is not visible - if the saucer was cut, then the photo proves the ventral pod was also missing, but if it's just darkened, then the ventral pod could be hidden behind the saucer rim. In either case, it seems that the photo showing the Chekov and the Ahwahnee is a "before" photo, after which some damage was inflicted on the Chekov model for actual episode filming.

Timo Saloniemi

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Next update: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/wolf359.htm

Miarecki confirmed that he added the strange looking ventral pod to the Springfield, although I still don't think it is visible in the Cheyenne-Springfield image.

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just out of curiosity, where the heck has that image been hiding all these years? I mean, we spend 11 pages talking about this and then, oh, by the way, we've got a pretty good shot of one of the models that no one has seen before, if you're interested.

Not that I'm complaining!

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

So it is a pod, not just a stand. Damn. I kinda liked the ship until that came along...

------------------

[This message has been edited by TSN (edited March 12, 2001).]

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just noticed the Freedom for the first time in that 2nd picture - pig ugly!!

And the Springfield AND the Challenger? God, I always thought they were just someone's BS excuse for some of the ships, but they're actual models!

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.