Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Danube Class maximum warp speed? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Danube Class maximum warp speed?
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And it used a different form of warp, anyway, IIRC, so it was probably more efficient.

I personally believe warp 8 fits best with canon, the one first-season possible hint aside.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps runabouts only did warp 4.7 in season one, but were later upgraded. There may have been a breakthrough in microcore warp technology (to coin a phrase). Perhaps this is the same technology used for the tiny warp drive on the one section of the Prometheus. Normally, one wouldn't expect the little section to be able to keep up w/ the other two, assuming its warp drive was akin to that of a runabout or shuttle. But, obviously, tiny warp drives are now capable of speeds equal to that of full starships.

------------------
Lisa: "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
Bart: "Not if you called them 'stench blossoms'..."
-The Simpsons

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And that technology could also be applicable to the Delta Flyer...

------------------
"I am a hyena. A hyena is an animal who laughs when there is nothing funy to laugh at. This is the sound a hyena makes. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha."--W.E.B. Griffen, Semper Fi

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps