Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Delta Flyer keeps growing and growing! ($$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Delta Flyer keeps growing and growing! ($$$)
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chakotay did say, "Arm the photon torpedoes," after Neelix exclaims that phasers are down.
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then he probably meant a micro-photon torpedo.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, a micro-photon torpedo. Which means it is basically the same thing as a photon torpedo, but a helluva lot smaller.

------------------
"I am a hyena. A hyena is an animal who laughs when there is nothing funy to laugh at. This is the sound a hyena makes. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha."--W.E.B. Griffen, Semper Fi

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
13.3 centimeters if they're the same type as those used on a runabout.

When Kim got back to the cockpit it looked like he came in on the other side, access to the cargo bay is on the left, he came in at the right. I think the Jefferies Tube might be next to the entry hatch and span the length of the cargo bay.

------------------
"The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park" - Torres
Federation Starship Datalink - On that annoying Tripod server.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

No mentioning of an escape pod in the rest of the schematics.

------------------
"I'm captain Kenny Redshirt of the Miranda Class USS Killedalot, NCC-1313."
"I know it is an old ship, but..."
KABOOOOMM!!
"Oh my God! They killed Kenny! You bastards!"

(-=\V/=-)

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You MIGHT be able to fit two escape pods or so on ether side of the cockpit (for 1 person only). There is a little bit of room behind those "intake vents". Of course, god only knows what those intake vents are for. There is nothing to "intake" in space.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

The 359 Webpage

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, here are the full schematics. The location you mention there are 4 (2 on each side) 'atmospheric speedbrakes'. BUT they are also called 'contingency system storage'. Could these be the locations of the escape pods??

(links open in new window)

Bottom
Side, Front and Back

------------------
KABOOOOMM!!

(-=\V/=-)

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited February 21, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited February 21, 2000).]

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about that Dorsal Escape Hatch?

------------------
"I am a hyena. A hyena is an animal who laughs when there is nothing funy to laugh at. This is the sound a hyena makes. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha."--W.E.B. Griffen, Semper Fi

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Don't think so... To small.

------------------
KABOOOOMM!!

(-=\V/=-)

Justin_Timberland
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for Justin_Timberland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, I just looked at the DS9 Tech Manual and it states that the Danube Class can launch photon or quantum torpedoes! Now why can't the Delta Flyer???

------------------
We did it on the floor,
We did it by the door,
We did it all night,
We did it under a light,
So how about for tonight we do it some more...

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

Well, those torpedo launchers are in the replacable mission pods in the middle of the Runabout (between the nacelle pylons).

------------------

The 359 Webpage

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Voyager just doesn't have any micro-quantorps.

------------------
Jay Leno: "In the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk', what did the goose lay?"
"Bosco": "Everybody."
-The Tonight Show, "Jaywalking"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps