Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Space Dock cargo ship - clear picture (Page 5)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Space Dock cargo ship - clear picture
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it's some big, blackish, & oblong. That's about it. That makes it a freighter about as much as it makes it Long Dong Silver's cock.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IT IS A SHIP!!!

--------------------
Meh

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In PopMaze's screen capture, that thing looks less like a ship and more like part of the physical structure of the hub. The details that we had picked out as nacelles and a bridge dome are all but gone.

In the end, unless someone actually comes out and tells us that, yes, that is a frieghter/transport/tanker/trash barg then we will not know for certain.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look you guys. In the cap it's not even the same color as the spacedock. How can you say it looks even MORE like a structure in that pic?

This is complete and utter !@#$%^&*!!!! It's a freakin' ship. Get over it.

Next thing you'll be telling us the Phase II prototype is a fancy looking docking pylon, right?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Next thing you'll be telling us the Phase II prototype is a fancy looking docking pylon, right?

Yes, because that's exactly what the prototype is.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. It's now obviously not a part of the station structure, but that does NOT mean that it's a ship. It could be a floating "maintenance shed" or construction headquarters. It's could be a forward controller for Approach Control, not unlike the dome built into the deck of carriers for catting planes off. It could be a series of cargo containers in a holding pattern. It could be a fucking DUMPSTER.

And why do I seem to remember someone providing proof that the P-II ship was a later digital addition by an unknown party?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The phase II was NOT a later addition. A lot of skeptics thought that it was for a long time after someone pointed it out, but it is in the actual film.

According to The Art of Star Trek, it was later used at Wolf 359 and Qualor II as well.

That 'maintenance shed' of yours has two Connie-refit style nacelles mounted on the forward hull, and a bridge module on the front. It's a ship.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After looking at the pic in "The Art of Star Trek" I don't think, that this "thing" has nacelles.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Ummm...

...did you not even look at all the pics that have been posted which point them out in bright red highlights?

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

Those pics don't convince me. The pic in "TAoST" does.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Those are scans of the pic in TAoST. Why don't you get out a magnifying glass and look REEEEEAAALLL hard? There are two nacelles.

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

I used one, but I can't see nacelles there.

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say, Mim, how about you and I get some AT-ATs and pummel these insobourdanant members back to the TNO Forums? Anyone with half a mind can see that that floating dirt barge is in fact a ship.

--------------------
Meh

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aha! We've solved the problem, then. The reason you see a ship and we don't is that you only have half a mind.

BTW, the McQuarrie ship seen here is the longer one (of the two we've seen). It was the shorter one that was seen in TBoBW and "Unification".

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse me? We should be the ones sent back to TNO? Who's been around here longer? Look, you're going to have to live with the fact that some people here don't share the same viewpoint as you do, as much as that bothers your tiny mind.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps