Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Cheyenne

Author Topic: Cheyenne
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I reckon that the Cheyenne does indeed have some sort of Battle/Auxillary bridge.

I think that the two halves of the engineering section can detatch - leaving three parts - two sets of two nacelles and the saucer section.

Yeah, this sounds like the Prometheus - but the Saucer has no ability to sustain ANY warpfield, just to glid out of it like the E-D in
'Encounter at Farpoint"

------------------
"What a wonderful and amazing scheme have we here of the magnificent vastness of the Universe! So many Suns, so many Earths...!" - Christian Huygens, New Conjectures Concerning the Planetary Worlds, Their Inhabitants and Productions (ca 1670)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I like the idea that the saucer splits in the middle, leaving two halves, both warp-capable.

------------------
Jay Leno: "In the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk', what did the goose lay?"
"Bosco": "Everybody."
-The Tonight Show, "Jaywalking"

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you saying like an upper saucer with warp nacelles and a lower saucer also with warp nacelles? And the separation plane runs through the center of the saucer's rim?

------------------
7 alarm clock: "Do not touch me."
Dilbert: "Then how do I turn you off?"
7: "Believe me, I am plenty turned off."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Precisely.

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, no I was saying more along the lines of - the saucer detaches from the engineering section a la the E-D... but THEN - the upper and lower halves of the Engineering section can detatch from each other - having two warp capable sections - both with phaser banks and torpedo tubes...

its not like the Prometheus cause the saucer section is like the E-D's no warp capability at all, it can only glide out of Warp if they separated at warp...

Andrew

------------------
"What a wonderful and amazing scheme have we here of the magnificent vastness of the Universe! So many Suns, so many Earths...!" - Christian Huygens, New Conjectures Concerning the Planetary Worlds, Their Inhabitants and Productions (ca 1670)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Well, I was saying that I think the saucer splits in half... :-)

------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

hee hee - ok then. - like the Prommie!

Andrew

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, when I first read TSN's post, I got this mental image of the ship splitting right down the middle, only vertically.

------------------
"You are stupid and evil and do not know you are stupid and evil."
--
Gene Ray, Cubic

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.