Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Federation Timeship Relativity... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Federation Timeship Relativity...
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, I missed "Relativity" twice, so I never got to see this ship onscreen.

The Relativity, to me, is a design that either looks really good in a picture, or really bad. In most screenshots that I've seen, it looks really bad. These schematics, however, make it look really good. Good work, Vorlon.

------------------
"Time is but a window. Death is but a door. I'll be back."

- Vigo the Carpathian, Ghostbusters II.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I have to ask, is that 'beauty shot' fan made? Is it 'semi-official' say done by the effects guys on Voyager but printed in a magazine?

Also, you can't really rely on the vid caps - the colours/quality/tv picture - seem off... the gamma correction is quite off in those vid caps too...

that is a beautiful picture though.

NEGH'VAR! That is what it reminds me of!

Andrew

------------------
"What a wonderful and amazing scheme have we here of the magnificent vastness of the Universe! So many Suns, so many Earths...!" - Christian Huygens, New Conjectures Concerning the Planetary Worlds, Their Inhabitants and Productions (ca 1670)

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only one who think that the Relativity is ugly? I mean, it looks like a Mallard that got run over by a Mac truck. And then beaten to death by schoolchildren. It's not appealing at all.

------------------
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
-Mark Twain

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I wouldn't go that far. But it is ugly.

------------------
Jay Leno: "In the story of 'Jack and the Beanstalk', what did the goose lay?"
"Bosco": "Everybody."
-The Tonight Show, "Jaywalking"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*points out the heretofore unmentioned similarities between the Insurrection scoutship and the Relativity.*

------------------
The above post was mulled-over, composed, and posted during time Tom would have better spent on his plethora of homework and homework-related exercises. Now don't you feel special?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
notice that CGI - original ships have a LOT of curves... they can never just make them look as REAL as the models were. CGI - from original real-life models work though... CGI from scratch... not as good... or as realistic.

------------------
"What a wonderful and amazing scheme have we here of the magnificent vastness of the Universe! So many Suns, so many Earths...!" - Christian Huygens, New Conjectures Concerning the Planetary Worlds, Their Inhabitants and Productions (ca 1670)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think what bothers me the most about it are the little spikey things hanging off the back of it. Me no like...

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps